The original home built by Major Reuben Colburn and his brothers Oliver, and Benjamin in 1765. Several generations of Maine Colburns were born and raised in the home. In 1775 Col. Benedict Arnold and the 1100 man Continental Army assembled in the yard for the mission to capture Quebec city. It is here that the bateaux were built in Colburn's shipyard. The home is on the National Register of Historic Places, and a Maine state historic site.