Death of the Person
Get writing ideas and topics with the Genealogy.com Biography Assistant
How did his/her life end? Was a ceremony held in his/her honor? What kind of legacy did he/she leave? Selecting this Topic helps you describe the events relating to this loss.
Are you ready to recount his/her death?
- What were the circumstances in which his/her life was taken? Was it an accident or a medical problem? Was it expected or unexpected?
- When did it happen? How old was he? What was he/she doing at that point in his/her life?
- Where did he/she die? Who was there when it happened? How did everyone react? Were medical personnel called to the scene?
- Did he/she have a spouse or children that he/she left behind? How did they take the news? How did they cope with such a tragedy?
- Was there a ceremony held for him? Where was it? Was it open to everyone who knew him or just for close family and friends?
- What type of ceremony was it? Was it religious? Was it a way to say good-bye? Was the casket or urn present? Were there flowers?
- Did someone say a eulogy? Who was it? A family member, friend, or religious leader? What did they say about him?
- Was there a gathering of family and friends after the ceremony? Where? Who attended? What happened?
- Did he/she leave a will or trust for family or friends? Was this important for supporting surviving family members? What was given to whom? Was the will contested?
- What was done with his/her remains? Was he/she buried or cremated? Where? If he/she was cremated, what was done with the ashes? Were they kept by a family member, buried in the ground or strewn into the sea?
- What effect did his/her death have on family and friends?