Get writing ideas and topics with the Genealogy.com Biography Assistant
Did he/she go through a divorce? When was it and why did it happen? Use this Topic to recount the effects that the divorce had on him and his/her family.
Was he/she ever divorced?
- How long was he/she married? When did the divorce take place? Were they separated for a time before it took place?
- Was there a specific cause for the divorce or were there many different reasons? Who initiated the divorce? Was the divorce a joint decision or did one of them not agree to it?
- Did he/she go through counseling with his/her spouse or try to work out their differences?
- Did he/she tell anyone about his/her plans for divorce? Why or why not? If yes, what was their reaction? Were they surprised or had they expected it?
- When going through the divorce, were there any major disputes? If yes, what problems did he/she face? What type of settlement did they finally agree upon? Were alimony payments or visitation rights involved?
- Did he/she have a friendly divorce? If no, why not? If yes, did they speak to or see each other after the divorce? Afterwards, what type of relationship did he/she have with his/her ex-spouse's family?
- What were the best and worst parts of being single again? Was anything difficult to adjust to? Did he/she miss having a companion, or was he/she happy to have his/her freedom?
- How was his/her social life after the divorce? Did he/she lose any of his/her friends because of the divorce? Did he/she find it difficult to meet new people?