I think this is the same line you were asking about. Note in the information I have, Donald Dubh died in 1545 and he's the 3rd great grandson of John MacDonald, 1st Lord of the Isles. I hope we're talking about the same person. This Donald Dubh was the last independent Lord of the Isles. At any rate, this is what I have going back 11 generations:
(1) Somerled , King of the Isles1,2,3,4,5
bd. abt 1105, Ireland3
dd. 1164, Renfrew, died in battle against King Malcolm IV1
bd. 1117, Isle of Man7
m. 1140 6
(2) Ragnald King of the Isles1,3,8,4
dd. abt 1210 3
(3) Donald King of the Isle of Man1,8,4
dd. 1230 3
& N.N. (daughter) Stewart1
(4) Angus Mor MacDonald King of the Isles1,3
dd. 1296 3
(5) Angus Og MacDonald King Of The Isles10,3
dd. 1330 3
(6) John MacDonald 1st Lord Of The Isles*10,3
bd. abt 1326 10
dd. 1387 10
& Margaret Stewart Princess of Scotland1
m. aft 14 Jun 1350 10
(7) Donald MacDonald 2nd Lord Of The Isles1,10,3
dd. 1423 10
& Mary Leslie Countess of Ross10,3
dd. abt 1435 10
(8) Alexander MacDonald Lord of the Isles3
dd. 7 May 1449 3
(9) John (II) MacDonald , 4th Lord of the Isles3
dd. ca May 1493 3
(10) Angus MacDonald , Lord of the Isles3
dd. 1490, murdered3
& Mary Campbell
(11) Donald Dubh MacDonald3
dd. ca 1545 3
1. John Burke & Sir Bernard Burke, C.B., Burke's Peerage, Baronetage, and Knightage, Burke's Peerage Ltd.,London, Edited by Peter Townsend, MCMLXIII (1963).
2. "The Gathering of the Clans, The Clan Donald," 9/22/1999, DISCribe Limited, Channelspace Entertainment Network Company, http://www.tartans.com/clans/MacDonald/donald.htmlhttp://www.tartans.com/clans/MacDonald/donald.html.
3. Mike Ashley, The Mammoth Book of British Kings & Queens, Carol & Graf Publishers, Inc., NY, 1999.
4. Iain MacLuilich, E.D., "The Galley of Lorne," www.pip.com/~sahc/PG15.htm, 1/6/2000.
5. Agnes Mure Mackenzie, M.A., D.Litt., The Foundations of Scotland, W. & R. Chambers, Ltd., London & Edinburgh, 1938.
6. Colin MacDonald, "www.Macdonald.Com," 11/07/1999, http://www.macdonald.com/about.htmhttp://www.macdonald.com/about.htm.
7. Brigitte Gastel Lloydand Leo van de Pas, "World Roots Genealolgy Archive - European Royalty and Nobility," 1995, http://worldroots.clicktron.com/brigitte/pther_e.htmlhttp://worldroots.clicktron.com/brigitte/pther_e.html.
8. HRH Prince Michael of Albany, The Forgotten Monarchy of Scotland, Element Books, Inc., Boston, 1998.
9. Unknown, The Greening Peerage of Scotland, (J. Almon 1767) Facsimile Reprint by Heritage Books Inc.,, 1995.
10. Brian Tompsett, "Directory of Royal Genealogical Data, University of Hull, UK, http://www.dcs.hull.ac.uk/cgi-bin/gedlkup/n=royal,http://www.dcs.hull.ac.uk/cgi-bin/gedlkup/n=royal," Web Site, Database - Royal Family Genealogy.