Unknown P-38 Pilot captured in Africia 1942 ?
IN the German Propaganda Magazine "Signal" (published in English) is a page of a unknown US Pilot captured.
A few clues-US Pilot is not named, but:
1)Rank given as Lt.
2) Age given as 24.
3) He was from Philadelphia
4) His aircraft is a P-38 "Lightning".
5) Date is not given but it must have been very early in
North Africian campaign-the P-38 US Army Air Corps has a
"red meatball" in the center of a white star.
6) The USAAC Insignia has a "5" to just left of star.
7) The P-38 US Code Numbers are "ES-J"
8) The German pilot is unnamed but his rank was Sgt/Major
and he was a holder of Knight's Cross of Iron Cross medal.