Looking for CBI Vets for CBI Family Reunion in Dayton, Ohio for Summer 2007
CBI FAMILY REUNION 2007
We are in the beginning stages of preparing for the 2007 CBI Family Reunion in Dayton, Ohio. This notice is being generated so that we can find out how much interest there would be for such a reunion. Along with all CBI vets, the reunion will be open to all family members, wives, widows, friends and CBI enthusiasts. Some of the activities that we plan to have and are looking into are as follows:
1. Three days and two nights at the Hope Hotel at Wright-Patterson AFB (http://www.hopehotel.com/)
2. Hospitality Room with cash bar.
3. Casual dinner on Friday night
4. Formal Dinner on Saturday night
5. Yankee Air Museum C-47 "Yankee Doodle Dandy" (UPDATED 3/11/2006)
We have just confirmed with the “Yankee Air Museum” that they would like to bring down their beautiful C-47 "Yankee Doodle Dandy" to our reunion next summer. With a paid membership to the "Yankee Air Museum" new members will receive a FREE half hour ride in Yankee Doodle Dandy. Membership signup will take place at the hotel the day before the flight. The day of the rides, we will take a bus to the Xenia Airport, which is approximately 10 miles S.E. of the Museum. With each paid membership of $60.00 members will receive a 1/2 hour ride in “Yankee Doodle Dandy”, along with the following benefits:
Access to research library and resource center free of charge.
Discounted early ticket purchase for selected events.
Membership badge and decal.
A subscription to our Hangar Happenin's newsletter.
Unlimited museum visits.
Opportunity to be involved in a growing, dynamic organization.
Opportunity to ride in YAM airplanes.
Discounts at Museum Store.
Participation in YAM 'members only' events.
Opportunities to become involved in the preservation of aviation history.
Membership cost may be tax deductible. (Check with your tax professional)
Please visit the Yankee Air Museum's website at: http://www.yankeeairmuseum.org/http://www.yankeeairmuseum.org/
6. Trip to the National Museum of the United States Air Force http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/
7. Trip to the Carillon Historical Park http://www.carillonpark.org/index.htmlhttp://www.carillonpark.org/index.html
Some of the other activities we are looking into:
1. A room set aside for taping interviews with Vets. Sponsored by the Veterans History Project.
2. CBI Symposium, with guest speakers from some of the CBI Units.
Please feel free to offer suggestions regarding the reunion.
Those of you that are interested and would like to be put on our email list regarding the CBI Memorial Society and/or the 2007 CBI Family Reunion may contact
Jim Corbitt at [email protected]
Gary Goldblatt at [email protected]