Re: Military Casualties by State & County
Hello, Greg - I became so frustrated a few months ago trying to find that site that I called NARA and got help.Finding it is so complicated that the woman I talked to there sent me the instructions in an email.I will copy them here for you.[This is a slightly shorter version than she sent me, but I just tried it and it worked.If you have any problem, email me.]
4) Click on http://www.nara.gov/nara/searchnail.html
5) You will see two *Enter Keywords* boxes.In the first box, type War Casualties.In the
second box type either Army (to access War Department lists) or Navy.
6) Click on the *Submit Search* button at the top of the page.
7) You will see a form which contains *Hits Retrieved*.
8) Click on the *Display Results* button at the top of the page.
9) You will see images of the covers of each State booklet.Click on *View All Images* to
see thumbnail images of all the pages for a particular State.Each thumbnail may be
enlarged by clicking on that particular page.
10) Please Note: When printing individual pages from the War Department lists, you should
set your printer to *landscape* in order to accommodate the whole page.Navy list pages
may be printed in the standard portrait format.