1. No, I was not relaying data from my personal military record. In fact, my war was in Italy, not the Pacific.
My reference for the information I submitted:
World War II Order of Battle, Shelby L. Stanton, author, Galahad Books,NYNY, publuisher. 1991.
2. GO #31 refers to General Order #31.
3. WR as amended must refer to the fact that the 951st was initially credited with a single campaign (Luzon, I think), then the original order was amended, to include the other, Northern Solomons.
4. Your mention of the 142nd Infantry Regiment baffles me, for that was a componant of the 36th Infantry Division, which saw duty in Italy as well as Europe. It never saw the Pacific.
5. The 161st Infantry Regiment was a part of the 25th Infantry Division, whose military campaigns included: Central Pacific, Northern Solomons, Guadacanal,and Luzon, which tewnd to overlap the 951st campaigns.
I would assume that the 951st AAA BN fired in support of the 25th Infantry Division.
Try GOOGLE, then <25th Infantry Division WW II>, and see if there is an Order of Battle for the division, which would refer to the 951st AAA BN if applicable.
I'd like to see the discharge and separation papers, if you can scan and would send them to me.