Harlow C. Jones - 3d Infantry?
Looking for any info on my uncle, Harlow Cadwell Jones.My Father's (Alan Jones served on Troop Ship USS General William M Black) recollection of his brother's service is as follows;
1. Joined Cavalry unit based around East Orange, NJ before the war.
2. Maybe before the war (or very early on) was in Dakar(port in French West Africa, now Senegal)
3. Was involved in Desert campaign, invasion of Sicily, Italy.
4. Was in Naples same day as Alan (who was serving on the troop transport "General W. M. Black").
5. Involved in reconnaissance.
6. Involved in invasion of Southern France (Operation Anvil)
7. Eventually involved in the invasion of Germany.
Based on this information, I have concluded that he served in 3d Infantry Division, possibly 3d Reconnaissance Troop (Mechanized). This conclusion is based on fact that 3d Infantry was only division which served in North Africa-Sicily-Italy-Southern France-Germany.
Is my conclusion valid?Are their any personnel lists available to confirm this information?I have requested service record, about 2 months ago ... no response to date.
Again any info will be appreciated.