507th Parachute Infantry
The regiment was constituted in the Army of the United States 24 June 1942 and organized 20 July 1942 at Fort Benning, Georgia. Overseas May 1944. Participated in the Normandy Invasion; Normandy, Northern France, Rhineland (including airborne assault across the Rhine), Ardennes-Alsace and Central Europe Campaigns. Assigned to 17th Airborne Division 1 March 1945. Inactivated 16 September 1945 at Camp Myles Standish, Massachusetts. Redesignated 507th Airborne Infantry 18 June 1948. Allotted to the Regular Army and reactivated at Camp Pickett, Virginia 6 July 1948. Inactivated by companies 31 March - 25 May 1949 at Camp Pickett. The regiment has been awarded the Presidential Unit Citation (Cotentin Peninsula), French Croix de Guerre Streamer with Palm, embroidered "Cotentin"; French Croix de Guerre Streamer with Palm, embroidered "St. Mere Englise" and French Fourragerre in the colors of the Croix de Guerre.