Re: MARTINEZ, Telesforo, b. 15 Apr 1892 Sorsogon
January 14, 2004
From:Juan Carlos S. Arevalo III,president of the
Royal Archives & Associates
My family has a family research development and management company based in Washington, D.C. and have spent a great deal looking into the life of my great great grandfather.
My maternal grandmother is from Sorsogon, Sorsogon.
Her name is Caridad Jaymalin-Salas and her husband, my grandpa served World War II during the Japanese time.
Your best bet is to start from scratch.
(1) His Full name and mother's last namebirthplace
(2) Name of children - possibly start with your mom.
Her brothers and sisters.
(3) Then, you write the Office of the Mayor in Sorsogon, Sorsogon and or Records Office to request for a copy of his birth certificate.
(4) The Archbishop Palace in Sorsogon, Sorsogon (Baptismal Certificate Records)
(5) Then write the Department of the Army in Missouri (Records Division) and ask for a service record on behalf of your grandfather.State year of service and year of discharge.
(6)Then write the Honorable Governor
Re: list of Martinez fa(He might have an email number).
send a copy of the discharge copy of your grandfather
and a copy of his birth certificate.
Sorsogon has a very active radio station, if you
can request for their email number through google or
something - you're made.
Try to ask for a death certificate also in the City
of Manila (Records Divisiob)Office of the Mayor
(7)Write the Archbishop Palace to post a notice in the
Church - asking for people who can provide information
on the family of your grandfather.
We're having a group reunion in October and you may be interested in joining.Details will be announced later.
Good luck.Remember, all this information can be obtained by emailing the various departments that I told you.That may be a faster way, especially the ones in the U.S.
Once you've succeeded, go to Manila Bulletin.com and advertise a Reunion Ad where people will be able to read your Notice.
Don't forget to put your email and forwarding address.