On Sepember 8, 2004, you wrote:
....."Don't know when the family left for Cass co, Ia Cathy, but in 1860 Jonathan 58 Ky, & Isabel 55 Tn, Logue, were still kickin' up their heels at the saturday night barn dances in Mason co, Il. James O, Hannah J, & Jacob B. still in the household." .....
I greatly enjoyed the delightful "visual image" that you painted of Jonathan & Isabel LOGUE in Mason County, Illinois in 1860 -- at a Saturday night "barn dance" !
LOGUES-- ILLINOIS TO IOWA:
According to the "Cass County, IOWA History,"
Jonathan Logue migrated to Iowa in "May of 1879." (SEE: GenForum post, attached below).
In 1880, Jonathan Logue was listed on the Cass County, Iowa Census.Jonathan's wife, Isabel, was not listed on this census.
Isabel Logue did not migrate to Iowa with her husband & other Logue family members; therefore, it is believed that she died sometime PRIOR to May of 1879.
Thanks again, Dick, for your help...
Peace & blessings,
Cass County, Iowa
LOGUE: Cass County [Iowa] History
Posted by: Cathy PORTER-Maynard
Date: November 22, 2003
~ LOGUE ~
"Cass County IOWA History"
....."JOHN RICHARD LOGUE and his wife, Tabitha [HALL], came to Iowa from
MASON COUNTY, Illinois, in May of 1879. His father, JONATHON [LOGUE], moved here [Cass County, Iowa] with them, along with six children aged three months to 22 years. Four died in infancy.
They came in a covered wagon and settled on a farm south of Cumberland, Iowa, near the town of Reno, in Edna Township.
They were of Irish and Scottish descent.
Their second son, Oliver Debeny [Dabney] Logue, was married in 1893 to Myrtle W. Paup (from Cedar County, Iowa). They lived on a farm in Cass County except for a time in Nebraska, until moving to Cumberland, Iowa in 1930....."
Oliver Debeny Logue and Myrtle Paup had the following seven children:
1) Goldie Logue -- (married Joseph Edwin Porter)
2) Gladys Logue -- (married Charles Byers)
3) Virgil Logue -- (died at age 4)
4) Esther Logue -- (married Ray Engle)
5) Halcian Logue --(married Charles Landon)
6) Helen Logue -- (married George Riggs)
7) Donald Logue -- (married Margery Beaver Martin)
"Oliver D. Logue died in 1934...." [and, is buried in the Newlons Grove Cemetery, in Cass County, Iowa].
[end of excerpt]
Job / Logue GedCom -- compiled by Freida Wells:
Cathy PORTER-Maynard (In Minnesota)...
• Granddaughter of Goldie LOGUE (b. July 26, 1895, Edna Township, Cass Co., IOWA; d. Feb. 1975, NE.); and,
...Joseph Edwin PORTER (b. Dec. 11, 1891, Edna Township, Cass County, IOWA) ; d. June, 1984, NE.)
• Great granddaughter of Oliver Debney [Dabney] LOGUE, born (Mason Co., ILLINOIS) 1862;
died 1934 (Edna Township, Cass County, IOWA); and
...Myrtle PAUP Logue [Weaver].
• GG granddaughter of John Richard LOGUE b. (TENNESSEE) 1828;
died 1898 (Edna Township, Cass Co., IOWA); and,
...Tabitha HALL b. (ILLINOIS) 1835; died 1907 (Edna, Cass County, IOWA).
• GGG granddaughter of Jonathan M. LOGUE born (KENTUCKY) abt. 1802;
died 1892 (Cass County, IOWA -- buried Newlon's Grove Cemetery); and,
...Isabel ____ b. (TENNESSEE); d. Mason County, ILLINOIS.
• GGGG granddaughter of William Marrs LOGUE, b. abt. 1777 (VIRGINIA);
...and, Hannah JOB / JOBE b. (KENTUCKY).
SOURCE:LOGUE: Cass County [Iowa] History