Gage and more in Arenac Co.
Gage, Remer, Abbey, Manchester, Powers, Libbey, Derr, Foster, Kruger, Evans, Little, Butler
Here is a list of the children of Horatio and Rosana Gage from China
Township, St. Clair Co:
1. Sarah J. Gage b.1837 m. Lawrence Remer
2. Elizabeth Gage b. 1841 m. Austin Abbey ( China Township)
3. Alonzo Gage b.1844 m. Minerva Manchester (China Township)
4. Evaline Gage b.1844 m. Elijah Powers(aka Edward Powers)(Canada)
5. Lorenzo Gage b. 1848 m. Elizabeth Libbey-Derr
6. George Gage b. 1852 m. 1) Colista Foster 2) Carrie Kruger
7.Adelaide Gage b. 1857 m. John H. Evans
8. Ina Gage b. 1860
(9. Benjamin Franklin Gage b. 1864 m. Ella Butler? Little?- This is my line
Benjamin Franklin Gage married Elizabeth (Ella) Butler (Little?). She was born about
1858. They had the following children:
1. Aggie Gage- b. 1885 Died in 1895 at the age of 10 years old in Caro,
Tuscola Co. Mi. Was enrolled in the Indian school.
2. Horatio Nelson Gage-b.1887 Named after his grandfather. He went by the
name Nelson Roy Gage. Died in California.
3. Roy Gage- b. 1889 (My Gage Line) m. Nellie Davenport
4. William Richard Gage b. 1891 Alcona Co. MI d. 1976 Osceola Mi
5. Glen Gage b. 1891 d. 1974 Monominie MI
6. Orician Gage b. 1893 Arenac Co. unable to find Oricain on the 1900
census. Death unk.
7. Benjamin Franklin Gage b. 1894
Ella Gage stated that she had 10 children total. This may mean she had a
previous marriage. In 1957 her son Glen Gage had his birth record changed
from Lens Gage to Glen Gage, from female to male and he listed his mother's
maiden name as Merritt. Not as Butler. Ella also stated before that her name
was Little. So I am hitting a brick wall here. Until I find more information
this is what I have to go on. Any help would be appreciated. I believe they
did start out in China Township then they moved to Arenac Co. , then Alcona
Co. , then back to Arenac County MI., then Ogemaw Co. and finally to Genesse
If you recognize any of the surnames please let me know.