John Kenney Family of Iosco County
John Kenney (sometimes spelled Kinney) was born 28 August 1809 somewhere in Ireland. His father's name was Peter and his mother's name is unknown.
John Kenney married Elizabeth (Possibly Dolan) probably about 1835 to 1840. Elizabeth was also born in Ireland 24 May 1818. It is believed that her father's name was James Dolan and her mother's name was Margaret Mastson.
John and Elizabeth, with their children resided in Logan Township, Huron District, Ontario, Canada untill about 1864 when they migrated to Bay County Michigan where they were enumerated in the 1870 census. Sometimes before 1880, the family moved to the area of Alabaster/Tawas, Iosco County Michigan.
Elizabeth (Dolan) Kenney died in Iosco County 16 April 1890.
John Kenney died in Iosco County 20 March 1904. Both are buried in the St. Joseph R. C. Cemetery in East Tawas, Iosco County, Michigan. Their graves are marked with headstones. Several of their children and some of their grandchildren are also buried in this cemetery.
The children of John and Elizabeth Kenney were:
1. Joseph Kenney, born about 1840 in Ontario, Canada.
He died 21 March 1915 in Perry County Arkansas.
He married Mary Jane Gibbons 7 September 1880 in
Faulkner County Arkansas. Both are suppose to have been
buried in unmarked graves at St. Boniface R.C. Cemetery
at New Dixie, Perry County, Arkansas.
2. Peter Kenney, born about 1844 in Ontario, Canada.
He died 24 March 1917 at Alabaster, Iosco County, Mich.
He never married.
3. James Kenney, born about 1847 in Ontario, Canada.
He died 24 June 1924 at Alabaster, Iosco County, Mich.
He never married.
4. Margaret Kenney, born about 1849 in Ontario, Canada.
She died about 1934 in Michigan.
She married Nicholas J. Brennan, Sr.
5. John Kenney, born about 1850 in Ontario, Canada.
He died 8 October 1924 at Alabaster, Iosco County, Mich.
He married Catherine (Katie) Flynn 20 October 1879.
6. Elizabeth Kenney, born 4 July 1852 in Ontario, Canada.
She died 17 February 1907 in Michigan.
She married John O'Brian.
7. Catherine (Kate) Kenney, born about 1854 in Ontario, Can.
Died after 1820 possibly in Ingham County, Mich.
She married Frank Binder.
8. Mercelia Kenney, born about 1855 in Ontario, Canada.
She died before 1900 in Iosco County Michigan.
She married Neil McDonald.
9. Mary Kenney, born about 1858 in Ontario, Canada.
She died about 1851 probably in Michigan.
She married James William Shaver.
10. Theresa Kenney, born 8 March 1860 in Ontario, Canada.
She died 28 June 1898 in Iosco County, Mich.
She married James H. McCue.
11. Martha Kenney, born about 1862in Ontario, Canada.
She died after 1900 in Michigan.
She married George Wright Shaver.
I have additional data on some of grandchildren and great grandchildren of some of the above and will exchange data with anyone who has an interest in any of the above or additional data. This is a work in progress. Any additions of corrections would be welcome.
James R. Rasco