John Bishop (1848-1910) of Franklin and Delaware Co. OH
We would greatly appreciate any information that you can provide about John Bishop (1848-1910) who lived in Delaware Co. and Franklin Co. OH, his wife Mary P. Williams (1850-1932), and their children, grandchildren and other descendents. Please also provide corrections to any information below that might be inaccurate.
John Bishop was born Nov. 1848 in Delaware Co. OH, the son of Iden Bishop and Matilda Walker. He died 1 Nov. 1910 in Liberty Township Delaware Co. OH.
John Bishop married Mary P. Williams on 11 Oct. 1869 in Delaware OH. She was born Feb. 1850 in OH. She died in 1932. Does anyone have the exact death date? Her father, John M Williams, was born circa 1824 in NY and her mother, Annice Williams, was born circa 1825 in CT. She was the sister of Rebecca A. Williams who married John’s brother Marion Bishop.
John and Mary Bishop lived for a time in Perry Township Franklin Co. OH. Six children were born to them:
1. Estella Bishop was born circa 1869 in OH. She is believed to have died prior to 1880.
2. Glendora Bishop was born Mar. 1872 in OH. She married (1st) George F. Tuller circa 1892 in OH. She married (2nd) George W. Rapp circa 1905. Does anyone have the exact dates for these marriages? According to the 1910 census of Springfield Clark Co. OH, she had 9 children with 8 still living in 1910.
a. George Tuller, born May 1893 in OH.
b. Leonard Tuller, born Nov. 1894 in OH; living with another family as a hired hand in 1910.
c. Josephine Tuller, born Jan. 1896 in OH.
d. Margarite Tuller, born Sep. 1897 in OH; living with her grandparents John and Mary Bishop in 1910.
e. Frank Tuller, born Aug 1899 in OH.
f. Alice B. Tuller, born 1 Nov. 1901 in Worthington OH; died 24 Nov. 1989 in Springfield, Clark Co. OH; buried 26 Nov. 1989 in Glen Haven Memorial Gardens; married Harold Russell Evilsizor. (Springfield News-Sun Saturday November 25, 1989)
g. Clarita Rapp, born circa 1908 in OH.
h. George F. Rapp, born circa 1909 in OH.
2. Irvin Peter Bishop was born 12 May 1874 in OH and died after 1930. He married Mabel A. ??? Does anyone know her maiden name? They had two children. In the 1930 census, Irvin is listed as being divorced. Does anyone know the divorce date?
a. Herschel Amsey Bishop was born 18 Nov. 1895 in Dublin Franklin Co. OH and died 26 Nov. 1977 in Columbus Franklin Co. OH. He married Anna M. Tuller circa 1900. They had the following children:
i. Ray F. Bishop, born 28 Sep. 1918 in Dublin Franklin Co. OH; died 7 Mar. 1996 at Firelands Community Hospital Sandusky Erie Co. OH; married ???; served in U.S. Navy.
ii. Evelyn Louise Bishop, born 7 Feb. 1921 in Powell Liberty Township Delaware Co. OH; died 30 Aug. 2002 in Johnston Licking Co. OH; married Mr. Vincent; divorced.
iii. Donald E. Bishop, born 9 Nov. 1931 in Delaware Co. OH; died 5 Jan. 1994 at home in Reynoldsville Franklin Co. OH; married; divorced.
b. Cecil Bishop (female), born circa 1901 in OH. She married Vaughn Cellers. He was born circa 1899 in OH.
3. Jennie Bishop, born Aug. 1876 in OH. In 1900, she is a servant in the household of Emmitt Tomkins on Monroe Ave. in Columbus Franklin Co. OH. Did she ever marry or have any children? When did she die?
4. Josephine (Josie) Bishop, born 30 Nov. 1878 in Perry Township, Franklin Co. OH; died 23 Dec. 1955.1 Did she ever marry or have any children?
5. Mahlon (Malan) Frederick Bishop was born 4 Nov. 1882 in Franklin Co. OH and died 21 Jul. 1963 in Richland Co. OH. He was a telegrapher for many years. He married (1st) Gerturde ??? circa Dec. 1909 in OH. She was born in OH and died in OH prior to 12 Sep. 1918. They had one child:
a. Mary Rena Bishop, born circa 1911 in OH.
Malon married (2nd) Etta M. ??? circa 1921 in OH. She was born circa 1884 in OH. They had at least two children:
b. Paul H. Bishop, born circa 1923 in OH. Nothing more is known about Paul. Did he ever marry or have any children? When did he die and where is he buried?
c. Roy A. Bishop was born 4 May 1925 in Delaware Co. OH. He died 12 Jun. 1988 in Mansfield Richland Co. OH. Is he the son of Elta C. Hall and husband of Anna Mae Ebert?
6. Ray Rex Bishop was born 15 Nov. 1886 in OH and died 16 Feb. 1969 in Marion Co. OH. He married Lora ??? circa 1922. She was born circa 1881 in OH Both of her parents were born in OH. It is not known whether they had any children. Ray served in the U.S. Army during WWI from 27 Apr. 1918 to 29 Nov. 1919. He worked as a telegraph operator. He was a widower when he died in 1969.
We would greatly appreciate any information that you can provide about John Bishop (1848-1910), his wife Mary P. Williams (1850-1932), and their children, grandchildren and other descendents. Please also provide corrections to any information above that might be inaccurate.