Harrison Wood and Mary Rickabaugh
I need some information on this couple, but this is what I have so far.
Harrison Wood b.7 Sept 1802 in Charleston, Kanawha Co. W.VA d. 12 Feb 1877 in Racoon Twp, Galia Co. OH Married abt. 1826-1827 to Mary Rickabaugh probably a daughter of Adam Rickabaugh and she was b. 9 Feb 1806 in probably Racoon, Galia Co. OH d. 15 July 1835 in Racoon, Galia Co. OH: They had these children:
1. Bethesma b. 2 Jan 1827 Racoon, Galia, OH d. UNK.
2.Andrew b. 30 Dec 1829 in Racoon, Galia Co. OH and died on 1 Feb 1863 in Memphis, Shelby Co. TN (Probably Civil War)
****3. Caroline b. 30 Dec 1830 Racoon, Galia, OH d. 1914 supposedly in that year but should be a death card on her if she did.
4. John H. b. 18 Feb 1831 Racoon, Galia, OH d. 30 Sept 1910, Galia Co. OH
5. David R. b. 12 Jan 1835 in Racoon, Galia Co. OH d. 20 Feb 1871 in Racoon, Galia Co. OH
If these people died in Racoon Twp, Galia Co. OH I haven't been able to find a listing for them in any of their cemeteries I need some help please in finding them listed. I am not from OH and have gone on the OH genweb site but haven't found anything. Also If some one could possibly help me find Henry Smith French's grave in Racoon, Galia Co. OH possibly Caroline's would be with him as maybe some of their children also. I should give you those also?
Henry Smith French was born on 25 Oct 1834 in Jackson, Jackson Co. OH and died on 5 Jan 1924 in Jackson, Jackson Co. OH but supposedly is buried either in the Calvary Baptist Cemetery or by his wife's mother's father! Adam Rickabaugh. I see it both ways on the internet and don't know which one to believe. Anyway Henry and Caroline had six children:
1. Bethemas b.1859 d. unknown is in the 1880 census of Racoon Twp, Galia Co. OH with parents.
2. Harry W. b. 1862 Racoon, d. 30 Jan 1911 in Defiance, Defiance Co. OH Probably buried at the Independence cemetery, need to look.
3. A.A. b. 1863 d unknown
4. Romenia (Romi or Rome) b. 5 June 1866 Jackson, Jackson Co. OH, d. 21 May 1944 in Columbus, Franklin Co. OH
she is the direct line that I have been researching from.
5. Frank R. b. 6 Oct 1871 Racoon, d. 19 Feb 1958 San Diego, CA
6. Charles A. b. 10 May 1874 Racoon, d. UNK.
If anyone can tell me where any of these people are buried or can tell me where I can find out where they are buried I would appreciate the help. My girlfriend doesn't know a thing about her family and I am trying to help her. Needless to say I can't find much on them because I don't know much. I have gotten most of the census records on them so I know at least where they were and about when. But as we all know it would be nice to know where they are buried also. Have tried find a grave, nothing there, Interment.com and a few others also with no luck.