Descendants of Joseph C. Rogers
Generation No. 1
1. JOSEPH C.1 ROGERS was born 1800, and died 1853 in Seneca County,Ohio. He married (1) JANE HAZZARD March 18, 1824 in Portage County, Ohio, daughter of WILLIAM HAZZARD and JANE CROW. She was born 1800 in Ireland, and died August 30, 1833. He married (2) CHARLOTTE GILBERT January 06, 1835 in Portage County, Ohio. She was born 1806, and died July 20, 1883 in Defiance County,Ohio.
Children of JOSEPH ROGERS and JANE HAZZARD are:
i. ALMENA2 ROGERS.
ii. RACHEL JANE ROGERS, b. December 29, 1824; m. JAMES ROWELS, November 22, 1855, Summit Co., Ohio.
iii. WILLIAM ALVA ROGERS, b. March 07, 1826.
Notes for WILLIAM ALVA ROGERS:
Moved to Paris,Lamar Co.,Texas in 1854 with his sister Eliz Rogers Rugg
iv. LOREN W. ROGERS, b. February 21, 1829.
v. ELIZA ANN ROGERS, b. November 28, 1830; d. June 16, 1900, Windsor- Henry Co.,MO; m. HIBBARD N. RUGG, November 15, 1849, Summit Co., Ohio (Akron, Ohio).
Notes for ELIZA ANN ROGERS:
After marriage to Hibbard Rugg they lived in Beford,Ohio where Hibbard operated a foundry. They then moved to Texas in 1854 and lived several places there ,after the Civil War.Both died in Windsor,MO.
None of their children ever lived in Ohio altho several were born there.
vi. JOSEPH NEWTON ROGERS, b. August 30, 1833.
Children of JOSEPH ROGERS and CHARLOTTE GILBERT are:
vii. LEWIS B.2 ROGERS, b. December 20, 1835; m. ELIZABETH A. BOYD, January 1859, Seneca Co.,Ohio.
viii. ELIZABETH ANN ROGERS, b. January 06, 1837.
2. ix. CALVIN MAHLON ROGERS, b. July 17, 1848; d. April 23, 1929, Williams Co.,Ohio.
x. MARTIN V. ROGERS.
xi. SAMANTHA H. ROGERS.
xii. JAMES H. ROGERS.
xiii. EMELINE ROGERS.
xiv. EVELINE ROGERS.
xv. JOEL CURTIS ROGERS.
Generation No. 2
2. CALVIN MAHLON2 ROGERS (JOSEPH C.1) was born July 17, 1848, and died April 23, 1929 in Williams Co.,Ohio. He married MARTHA ELIZABETH BEATTIE January 11, 1867, daughter of SAMUAL BEATTIE and SARAH CAROTHERS. She was born August 05, 1847, and died April 13, 1908.
Children of CALVIN ROGERS and MARTHA BEATTIE are:
3. i. SADIE E.3 ROGERS, b. February 19, 1867.
4. ii. ELLA B. ROGERS, b. April 14, 1870.
5. iii. JOSEPH S. ROGERS, b. July 31, 1872; d. April 06, 1947.
6. iv. ROBERT CALVIN ROGERS, b. January 01, 1875.
7. v. JAMES ALVA ROGERS, b. March 10, 1878.
8. vi. ASENATH ROGERS, b. October 23, 1882.
Generation No. 3
3. SADIE E.3 ROGERS (CALVIN MAHLON2, JOSEPH C.1) was born February 19, 1867. She married WILLIAM E. SEWELL.
Notes for SADIE E. ROGERS:
Deceased by 1929
Children of SADIE ROGERS and WILLIAM SEWELL are:
i. WINFIELD MAHLON4 SEWELL, b. September 16, 1888.
Notes for WINFIELD MAHLON SEWELL:
Was living in Hartford, Conn in 1929
ii. ELMA ELIZABETH SEWELL, b. November 26, 1890.
Notes for ELMA ELIZABETH SEWELL:
Was living in Bryan, Ohio in 1929 (married last name of Flightner)
4. ELLA B.3 ROGERS (CALVIN MAHLON2, JOSEPH C.1) was born April 14, 1870. She married WILLIAM S. WELDON.
Notes for ELLA B. ROGERS:
Was living in Jackson, MI in 1929(the year her father passed away)
Children of ELLA ROGERS and WILLIAM WELDON are:
i. ROGER4 WELDON, b. October 1890.
Notes for ROGER WELDON:
Died in infancy
ii. HAZEL WELDON, b. May 27, 1892.
iii. WINONA V. WELDON, b. September 16, 1905.
5. JOSEPH S.3 ROGERS (CALVIN MAHLON2, JOSEPH C.1) was born July 31, 1872, and died April 06, 1947. He married IDA MAE MARKS, daughter of WILLIAM MARKS and SARAH SHIMP. She was born January 29, 1877 in Near Waterloo, Indiana, and died July 03, 1938.
Notes for JOSEPH S. ROGERS:
He was living in Gary, Indiana in 1929 when his father passed away.
Children of JOSEPH ROGERS and IDA MARKS are:
9. i. VIOLET4 ROGERS, b. May 04, 1902, Farmer Center,Ohio; d. Springfield,Ma.
ii. FRED MAHLON ROGERS, b. January 25, 1905, Farmer Center,Ohio; d. February 20, 1983, Butler,Indiana.
More About FRED MAHLON ROGERS:
Burial: February 23, 1983, Waterloo IN (Dekalb,County)
10. iii. DORIS W. ROGERS, b. July 01, 1907, Bryan,Ohio; d. July 26, 1962, Chicago,Illinois.
iv. MARTHA BEROETTA ROGERS, b. March 31, 1900.
Notes for MARTHA BEROETTA ROGERS:
6. ROBERT CALVIN3 ROGERS (CALVIN MAHLON2, JOSEPH C.1) was born January 01, 1875. He married MAMIE J. STONE.
Notes for ROBERT CALVIN ROGERS:
Bert(as he was called) lived at Farmer,Ohio in 1929.
Children of ROBERT ROGERS and MAMIE STONE are:
i. INEZ L.4 ROGERS, b. August 31, 1897.
ii. CALVIN EMORY ROGERS, b. October 22, 1899.
iii. JENNIE ELIZABETH ROGERS, b. April 08, 1904.
iv. HELEN ERMEL ROGERS, b. November 12, 1905.
7. JAMES ALVA3 ROGERS (CALVIN MAHLON2, JOSEPH C.1) was born March 10, 1878. He married LAURA G. MARTIN.
Notes for JAMES ALVA ROGERS:
James was living in Pioneer,Ohio in 1929.
Children of JAMES ROGERS and LAURA MARTIN are:
i. THERIS G.4 ROGERS, b. April 07, 1905.
ii. HERBERT ALVA ROGERS, b. November 16, 1907.
8. ASENATH3 ROGERS (CALVIN MAHLON2, JOSEPH C.1) was born October 23, 1882. She married UNKNOWN RICHARDSON.
Notes for ASENATH ROGERS:
She was deceased by 1929.
Children of ASENATH ROGERS and UNKNOWN RICHARDSON are:
i. NEWTON C.4 RICHARDSON.
Notes for NEWTON C. RICHARDSON:
In 1929 he was living in Albany, GA.
ii. MILDRED RICHARDSON.
Notes for MILDRED RICHARDSON:
Mildred was living in LeRoy,Ohio in 1929(married last name Hamilton)
Generation No. 4
9. VIOLET4 ROGERS (JOSEPH S.3, CALVIN MAHLON2, JOSEPH C.1) was born May 04, 1902 in Farmer Center,Ohio, and died in Springfield,Ma. She married CARL BORRNER.
Notes for VIOLET ROGERS:
Died at the age of 56, Violet lived in Springfield,Ma since 1920.She graduated from the American International College in 1922. Was a past president of AIC alumni assoc. and was a member of Trinity Methodist Church.She was also a member of the Jay W. Nickels Rebekah Lodge and was a well known amateur photographer and was a member of the Springfield Photographic Society of America.
More About VIOLET ROGERS:
Burial: Hillcrest Park Cemetery
Children of VIOLET ROGERS and CARL BORRNER are:
i. NORMA5 BORRNER, m. BUD HARLOW.
ii. CARL BORRNER.
Notes for CARL BORRNER:
Carl Jr. is on the faculty of Clark University.
10. DORIS W.4 ROGERS (JOSEPH S.3, CALVIN MAHLON2, JOSEPH C.1) was born July 01, 1907 in Bryan,Ohio, and died July 26, 1962 in Chicago,Illinois. She married STEVEN JAMES YAROS, son of JOHN YAROS and ANNA MARCINKO. He was born March 26, 1906 in Newton, PA, and died June 20, 1985 in Merrillville, Indiana.
More About DORIS W. ROGERS:
Burial: Calumet Park Cemetery, Merrillville, Indiana
Notes for STEVEN JAMES YAROS:
From the Diocese of Fort Wayne Chancery Office,Fort Wayne,Indiana:This is to certify that records of the Chancery office show that Stephan Yaros,Catholic and Doris Rogers,a baptized Presbyterian, were married by Rev.E. Senese,Chaplian of Mercy Hospital,Gary,Indiana on June 16, 1938, a dispensation having been obtained from the most Rev. John F. Noll from the impediment of mixed religion and ad cautal em from the disparity of cult. Signed by the Very Rev. Msgr. Charles J. Feltes Chancellir.When Steve was old enough he too went to work at U.S. Steel,Gary Works in the Steel Wheel Plant (as his father before him) and he worked there for 47 years and lived many years in retirement at the old homestead at Independence Hill (just outside of Crown Point,Indiana) in Merrillville.Steve was a handyman-he finished off the upstairs and built on a back porch.He also built a fishpond and made a basketball court for his three sons (and the neighborhood) He coached his son Steve Jr.s softball Team and he was a big fan of Indiana U.`s coach Bobby Knight.He also built a large Martin bird house and loved the Chicago Baseball Teams(the Cubs & the White Sox) He also was a great fan of Larry Bird & Richard Nixon.
More About STEVEN JAMES YAROS:
Burial: Calumet Park Cemetery, Merrillville, Indiana
Children of DORIS ROGERS and STEVEN YAROS are:
11. i. FAYE ELLEN5 YAROS, b. August 30, 1926; d. June 1987.
12. ii. JOANN D. YAROS, b. April 07, 1931; d. February 22, 1990.
13. iii. STEVEN JAMES YAROS, b. July 01, 1935, Gary, Indiana.
14. iv. LARRY EUGENE YAROS, b. December 16, 1938.
15. v. DUANE JON YAROS, b. November 25, 1940, Gary, Indiana.
16. vi. SANDRA LEA YAROS, b. September 27, 1948, Gary, Indiana.
vii. TERRY DAVID YAROS, b. November 17, 1953, Gary, Indiana.
YES SHE IS PART OF THE FAMILY-PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE ON HER AND THE REST OF THE ROGERS-COX-GILBERT FAMILIES
THANKS FOR THE MESSAGE. STEVE firstname.lastname@example.org