From my database, these are children of Nathan Abernathy & Eve Cline, most documented, a few attributed as such by prior research or family traditions:
1. Elizabeth "Betsy" Abernathy, b. 1808 in Lincoln Co, NC.She married William Summey.
2. Isaac (Isaiah) Abernathy, b. abt 1809 in Lincoln Co, NC. He married Mary Jackson Faulkner.
3. Seth Abernathy, b. 1811 in Lincoln Co, NC, d. 23 Jan 1899.He married Elizabeth Bradshaw.
4. Sarah Elizabeth Abernathy, b. 15 Apr 1812 in Lincoln Co, NC, d. 19 Jul 1895.She married John Franklin Goodson.
5. Daniel Abernathy, b. Apr 1818 in NC, d. 13 Mar 1904. He married Sarah E. Coley.
6. James Alexander Abernathy, b. Nov 1821 in Lincoln Co, NC, d. 17 Sep 1905 in Polk Co, AR. He married Mary Persina Vandevier.
7. Linford Abernathy, b. abt 1822, d. bet 1882 and 1900.He married (1) Mica or Alica, (2) Dorothy Carter.
8. Darius Abernathy, b. abt1823 in NC, d. 17 Oct 1904. He married Sarah A. Unknown.
9. Barbara L. Abernathy, b. abt 1826 in NC. No further data.
10. Bardy Larkin Abernathy, b. 24 Oct 1827 in NC, d. 18 Jun 1914.He married Francis Matilda Bradshaw,
11. Philip A. Abernathy, b. 10 Oct 1828 in Lincoln Co, NC, d. 8 Oct 1902 in Big Fork, Polk Co, AR,He married (1) Margaret Bates, (2) Mary, (3) Martha Goss.
12. Mary Abernathy Summey, b. abt 1830 in NC. No further data.
13. Zepheniah "Zeff" M. Abernathy, b. 20 Feb 1831 in Lincoln Co, NC, d. 16 Feb 1916 GA. He married (1) Susannna Hall Atkinson, (2) Adaline, (3) Joanna.
Of the above, I can personally document all but 2 of the sons, but I also have a conflict as regards two of the daughters (Elizabeth Mrs William Summey and Sarah Elizabeth Mrs John Franklin Goodson). I am therefore interested in corresponding with descendants in the hopes of a resolution to my concerns. If possible, I would also like to discover the relationship to this family of Letitia "Letty" Abernathy, b. abt 1814 in NC and found 1n 1860 in Cherokee Co, GA as part of the household of Elihu Richard Abernathy, s/ Seth.