Updated information for family of John Armle Abney:
John Armle Abney b.18 OCT 1833, Hinds County, MS
m.c1855, d.06 FEB 1903, probably Chaves County, NM. Buried South Park Cemetery, Roswell, Chaves County, NM. Census-1860 in Fairmount, Sabine Co, TX; 1870 Austin, Travis Co, TX, 1880-Lampasas, Lampasas Co, TX, 1900 Grandview, Johnson Co, TX.
Wife: Rebecca Smith b.14 MAR 1834, AL d.18 SEP 1908, probably Chaves County, NM. Buried South Park Cemetery, Roswell, Chaves County, NM
Childrewn of John Armle Abney & Rebecca Smith:
1. David Abney b.DEC 1856, TX d.01 JAN 1935 Lea County, NM. Appears on 1889 WA state census. Appears on 1900 Snohomis Co., WA census. Appears on 1910 Twin Falls Co, ID census. Appears on 1930 Roswell Co., NM census.
2. Nancy S. Abney b.1858, TX d.c1889 Lampasas County, TX m. 13 DEC 1876 to Andrew J. Harrington in Lampasas Co, TX.
3. Maranda V. Abney b.MAR 1860 in Sabine Co, TX d. bef 1870 probably Travis County, TX
4. Millard F. Abney b.MAR 1860 in Sabine Co., TX d. bef 1870 probably Travis County, TX
5. Rosetta Abney b.JAN 1870, Travis County, TX m.04 JAN 1894 to C. M. Yates in Ellis Co, TX.
6. John Duncan Abney b.FEB 1876, TX d.09 FEB 1947 Dallas County, TX m. 1914 Edith Iva "Caith" Merrick; m. 2d 1919 to Beatrice Balfour. Resdied Grandview, Johnson Co, TX 1898-1910.Occupation-postmaster Grandview, Johnson co, TX in 1901.Census 1910-Grandview, Johnson Co, TX, 1920 and 1930 Dallas, Dallas Co, TX.