Dear Bonnie, My great grandmothers family came from Tarrytown New York. We do not have much information except a death certificate and a cemetery plot in Sleepyhollow Cemetery. (I understand that the citizens in thetown of Tarrytown re-named their town "Sleepyhollow." Apparently, this was the original name during the Revolutionary War. In regard to the cemetery plot, I have a diagram that was sent to me by the superintendent. It lists Seven Names, one of which includes my great grandmother, Cora A. Ackerman (DAVIS). If these names are helpful to you or anyone else, please let me know, because I would like to know who they are. I suspect that two are my great great grandparents, but I am not at all sure. These are the names and the dates they were buried in Sleepyhollow Cemetery.
1. Augustus S. Ward: No Date Given
2. Mary E. Ackerman May 3, 1906
3. Cora A. Ackerman (Davis) My Great Grandmother Born October 15, 1868 died November 24, 1926 East Thompson Connecticut.
4 Ann M. Ackerman May 25, 1907
5. Benjamin Ackerman march 19, 1929
6. Alice Dearman August 29, 1932 could be my great great Grandmother due to the middle initial, A.
7. Frank Dearman January 25, 1936 He could be my great great grandfather. He is also listed as one of the owners of the 200-foot plot. The other owner is: Anna M. Ackerman (She could also be my great great grandmother for two reasons. 1. The name Anna (My great grandmothers middle initial is A.)
2. Her last name is Dearman, the same as the owner of the cemetery plot.