Baptist Church site of Acord Home, Johnson Co AR
Ref: Johnson Co. Historical Society Journal, June 1976
Aritcle on the history of Hartman.
The Hartman Baptist Church was organized in September 1893. One of the first pastors was Rev. Nathan Keller. The church was located on the lot where the Garland Acord residence now stands. This church served the people of Hartman for many years, but eventually attendance dwindled to practically nothing and the building was sold and torn down.
The Baptist Church was reorganized November 5, 1950 .....