Jose Maria Acosta, Mexico and Arizona, 1875-1921
I am looking for information about Jose Maria ACOSTA, his ancestors in Mexico, and his descendants. He was born about 1875 somewhere in Mexico (Sonora?). He married Eloisa (Locha) VALENCIA and had 9 children between 1905 and 1921:
(1) Susano (Chano) ACOSTA - married Hortensia ESCOLANTE;
(2) Elsie ACOSTA (my wife's grandmother) who is nearly 98, living in Sierra Vista, AZ, she married Ygnacio MENDIVIL, and then Frank ACOSTA;
(3) Jose (Joe) ACOSTA, who passed away in 2003;
(4) Matilda (Tillie) ACOSTA, who married Carlos LOPEZ;
(5) Raymond ACOSTA, who had 4 wives including Trudy REINHART;
(6) Alfonso (Tony) ACOSTA, who married Hortensia PALACIO;
(7) Lydia (Lilly) ACOSTA, who married Fernando FIGUEROA;
(8) Arnold (Chito) ACOSTA, who married June POTTER;
and (9) Celia (Sally) ACOSTA, who married George TRAVI.
Jose Maria ACOSTA was an underground miner in Jerome, AZ from about 1900 until his death in 1921.