PRONI. D/365 Aynsworth Pilson, (m. Anne Adair of Carrickfergus b.1788 d.1837 and they had 9 children), resided at Bridge St, Downpatrick; founded "Down Recorder" newspaper; agent for tanyard sale 16 Jan 1794 ; leased out 9 farms in Annadorn townland in 1863, ...(to Patrick Smyth of Parish of Loughinisland, co. Down, N. Ireland ?); death notice 31 Jan 1863 aged 85; will.
Seven manuscript volumes and one typescript copy of a volume, 1775-1863. One of the volumes is entitled ''Memoirs of notable inhabitants of Downpatrick''. It provides much detail about 79 inhabitants of the town including Pilson himself. This probably had much to do with his father who had a distillery and tan yard which latter business he made over to his only son in whose hands it apparently prospered.
He seldom travelled far from home and consequently his diaries relate almost exclusively to his own private affairs and to those of Downpatrick and it's neighbourhood.