The parents to Elizabeth Frances Aker were Jonathan Aker and Nancy (Crow/Crowe) Aker. Lewis was a clerk in a store that Jonathan Aker and Benjamin F. Aker owned in the early 1840's. Benjamin later sold out after Lewis married Elizabeth and the store was renamed to Aker & Hancock. This store was located very near Staley's Cross Roads at old Mt. Airy. Later when the rail road came, the town of Rural Retreat was formed and Aker & Hancock was moved there. Lewis and Elizabeth done very well for their self's and had several business throughout Smyth/Wythe counties. One of which was a Hotel in Wytheville Va on the corner of 4th & Main across from Counts Drug Store.
Lewis, Elizabeth and their children are buried in the East End Cemetery located in Wytheville. BTW, Nancy died, and in 1812 Jonathan remarried Rebecca Armstrong.