I am interested in locating information on the descendants of Enoch Albritton (1771-1834) and Penelope Frizzle Albritton (1772-1860+) of Pitt Co NC, Wilkinson Co GA, and Snow Hill, Wilcox Co AL. Enoch and Penelope were both born in Pitt County, married about 1793/1794, and raised their family there until about 1806 or 1807. At this time they moved to Georgia. About 1821 or 1822, they moved to Wilcox Co AL, settling near the village of Snow Hill. Enoch died there in 1834, but Penelope lived until after 1860.
Here are their proven children:
1. Allen Albritton (1794-1861) mrd. Susannah Ford
2. John Frizzle Albritton (1796-1843) mrd. Mary Polk.
3. Levincy Albritton (1800-1864) mrd. Martin Battee Lee
4. Silas White Arnett Albritton (1802-1888) mrd. Eunice Polk and later Sarah ?
5. Mary Albritton (c1805 - after 1850), mrd. John Stokes
6. George Washington Albritton (1810-1867) mrd. Milly Fowler and later her sister Sarah Ann Fowler
7. [female] Albritton, born 1804-1810, died after 1830.
There is proof that Enoch and Penelope had the above children. There is an indication (from the 1800 census) that they had an additional son born 1790-1800, but nothing further is known about him. Several published works, relating family tradition, claim that they had sons named Enoch, James, and Jesse. One of these could be the additional son from the 1800 census, but nothing firm is known about this.
Enoch Albritton's parents are unknown. It appears he was the son of James Albritton, Jr., but this is mainly speculation. The loss of Pitt County records means we will probably never have satisfactory proof of Enoch's father.
However, Penelope Frizzle Albritton's parents were John Frizzle (c1717-1818) and Mary Rountree (c1755 - ?). I have material on John and Mary Rountree Frizzle that I can send electronically, if anyone is interested.