Just found some of my notes here and will send them to you. Father & mother of Hiram Alexander were John and Mary Thomas Alexander, Hancock, Co. Indiana. Arrived here in 1855 settled in Keokuk Co. Children of----- Alexander of hancock co., In.
Hiram Alexander, b. 10-15-1838.
Hiram Alexander, B. 10-15-1838, Hancock County, Indiana, D. 7-26-1920, White Oak (Iowa) community. Served in Civil War, Co. 1-40th Iowa INfantry from Nov. 15, 1862 to close of war in 1865.
M. Sarah Margaret Manary (b. 4-6-1849 in either Ohio or Indiana: D. 2-2-1899, White Oak Community).
Children of Hiram and Sarah Manary Alexander,
1. Jennie, B. 6-12-1867, D. 1-8-1953 at Rowan, Iowa.
2. Ambia, B. 5-27-1870, D. Feb. 1963, Sigourney, Iowa.
3. Gertrude, B. 9-5-1875, D. 2-6-1914, White Oak (my grandmother) I thought she died on 2-5-1914 , I know that she lived a few hours after my mothers birth.
4. William Alexander, B. 5-29-1878, D. 12-28-1912, White Oak.
5. Alva Clarence, B. 11-5-1880, D. 4-3-1949, Oskaloosa, Iowa.
6. Thomas, B. 4-19-1883, D. 1966
7. Edith, B. 11-8-18-1885 D. 10-7-1974, Sheffield, Iowa
8. John B. 11-18-1888 D. 11-1965.
9. Edna Pearl, B. 7-17-1893, D. 7-18-1969.
Frank Alexander, married to Elizabeth Simkins,
1. Chales, married to Hattie Moore
2. Nora (Ruth Warrick Walker of Rose HIll is her daughter)
3. Effie, marriedname: Moore
5. Twins: Lester and Lemon
6. Bertha (married name: Keyte, D. 1975, Barnes City, Iowa.
Jennie Alexander, marrieed to Frank Tedrich. no children
Lydia Alexander - never married
Ann Alexander , M. to Mr. Pinkney-no children (?),
Then it goes on to name their children and who they married. Let me know if there are any connections to this family. I have more but will have to look it up, this is just information that one of my cousins sent me. Linda