Re: A challenge to ALFREY Researchers:
Ok, here I am with some info for you.There seems to be a gap in the Alfrey Tree, but with the help of some cousins, I think they have managed to fill it in.I will start with Arthur Alfrey who married Emily Clara Scott, Dad's grandparents, & go backwards from there.
- Arthur Alfrey descended from Richard Alfrey (1825-1901)& Ann Penfold
- Richard Alfrey descended from Henry Alfrey (1792-1859)& Susanna Piggott
- Richard Alfrey descended from Henry Alfrey (1750-?)& Sarah Cutting
- Henry Alfrey descended from Nicholas Alfrey & Mary Thortan
** It appears Nicholas Alfrey was married twice, also to a Henrietta Holman, but our line comes down from Nicholas & Mary.
-Nicholas Alfrey descended from Edward Alfrey (1656-?)& Amy Johnson
- Edward Alfrey descended from Edward Alfrey (1621-?)& Susan Blaker
- Edward Alfrey descended from Edward Alfrey (1598-?)& Hester Byshe
- Edward Alfrey descended from Edward Alfrey (1579-1622)& Ann Forster
- Edward Alfrey descended from Edward Alfrey Johane Baldwin
- Edward Alfrey descended from Henry Alfrey (died 1574)& ?
Some of the dates Robin might be christening dates & not birth dates, but they are close anyway.I have lots of siblings showing for all of the aboves of course & can send you that too, but it veers off from us.
As to your Alfreys, I'm sure you said you were doing your searching for your brother in law who descends from Henry Alfrey & Kate Miles?So would that be Kendrick or Richard?Going back quite a long time ago now, before even you & I had contact, I wrote to an Alfrey in California, but discovered shortly afterwards that he had recently passed away ... which Alfrey was that?As I see it, there was Kendrick, Richard & Elaine ... is that right?
Well I've probably blown you away with enough for now.I hope it helps you; let me know & bring me up to date with stuff down that way.