Re: Elizabeth Appleby,early 19th cent
All I know is that she was married to my GGgrandfather,CHARLES HOMER,he was from Staffordshire.
My Ggrandfather John Frederick Homer, was born Dec,11,1854....All it lists for her birthplace on my Ggrandfathers death certificate is England. My Dad said that she died when John was young, and that Charles remarried...Some clues that I have are..
1. Charles Homer had a glass blowing business.
2. He and Elizabeth had three children.Charles Homer, Elizabeth Homer, and John Frederick Homer....
3. John was young when he was apprenticed in the Meatcutting trade....
4. My Aunt seems to think Wigan,(in Lancashire) plays a role somewhere.Although a census that I bought doesn't show John or his wife....
5. The wedding of Elizabeth and Charles took place prior to 1854.(I believe that John may have been the second child,as Elizabeth was younger,and that Charles was the oldest)perhaps as early as 1850?
I don't seem to be able to find Elizabeth Appleby, or any trace of her Husband Charles Homer.....,The