F. A. Apt ~ visits mother in Stronghurst, Illinois
Lockridge, Jefferson Co, IA
Friday, January 26, 1917
- Walter Bower has been suffering with quinsey for the past week.
- Joe Carver, who has had pneumonia, is reported some better.
- Carl Watson, who underwent an operation for appendicitis at his home is
- Dan Doan has returned home from the Ottumwa hospital where he underwent an operation.
- The funeral of Al Cox was held Saturday afternoon at 2:30 o'clock.
- The Round Prairie Baptist church has a new clock which was given to them
by B.F. Crane of Mt. Pleasant.
- Several people of this vicinity got their ice put up this past week.
- Mrs. Hepsy Hoak formerly of this place, died at her home in Marshalltown
and was brought back to this place for burial in the Friends cemetery.
- John Dickerson who has been recovering from a long sick spell has suffered
a relapse, which leaves him in a very bad condition.
- Mrs. Dr. Bailey has been bed fast the past week with la grippe.
- Allen Crumly has taken down with pneumonia.
- Mr. and Mrs. Peter Lyon are making the latter's sister, Mrs. Earl Moran,
of Packwood a visit.
- Mrs. Henry Shuppy returned home Saturday, after an extended visit with her
daughter, Mrs. Stella Clarke of North Dakota.
East Pleasant Plain.
- F.A. Apt left for Stronghurst, Ill. last Monday where he expects to spend some time with his mother.
- Andy Fritz is spending a few days in Washington with his sister, Mrs.
- Our school began Monday after about a two months' vacation. Mrs. Kathryn
Firebaugh is the teacher.
- Mrs. Jacob Bekel returned home one day last week from the William Berg
home near East Pleasant Plain, where she has been helping to care for them
while they were sick.
Ed Quick of Four Corners and Lorena Johnson of Beckwith were quietly
united in marriage at the Lutheran parsonage, Wednesday, January 24th, 1917,
Rev. Sanden officiating. Mr. and Mrs. Quick immediately left for a short
honeymoon after which they will be at home to their many friends on a farm
south of Salina. Both these young people are well known in this community
and their many friends wish them a long and happy wedded life.