Re: Arick's in Ohio
In reply to:
Re: Arick's in Ohio
Anthony BOLEY, born about 1738 in Germany, d. 21 Nov 1820, buried Bethany Churchyard in Bridgeville. He married a Barbara (from a deed to purchase land in Fayette Twp. Allegheny County PA in 1808. Their children are:
* 2. Mary BOLEY, b. 1775-6 +Jacob ERICH (Arick)
* 2. John BOLEY, b. 1777 +Mary DOWNARD
* 2. Margaret J. BOLEY (no date) + ____ ELEY
This information was given to me by Wendell H BOLEY of Las Vegas, NV. who is a direct descendent of Anthony BOLEY. He gave me a copy of Anthony's will, a list of deeds for John and Anthony BOLEY, and copies of his family group sheets that show Wendell's line back to Anthony. These sheets show this family line lived in Washington and Allegheny Counties PA. until about the 1850's when they moved into WVA (mainly St. Marys - Pleasants area) and no descendent of Anthony's is named Benjamin. It appears that the John and Benjamin BOLEY of Jefferson and Berkley Counties are not of Anthony's line.
Information supplied by Lori Godfrey
John BOLEY, b. 1777 Peters Twp. Washington, Penn. John married in 1800 in Cecil Twp. Washington, Penn. to a Mary DOWNARD b. 1780 in Future, Washington, Penn. She had a brother Daniel who went to Ohio. She was said to be the daughter of Joseph or William Downard. John and Mary bought property in Moon Twp. Allegeny, Pa in 1808 Their children were:
* 2. Anthony BOLEY, b. 1802 Cecil Twp. Washington , Penn. m. Sarah
* 2. William BOLEY, b. 1804/05 Cecil Twp. Washington, Penn. m.Catherine (William died in Allegheny, Allegheny, Penn.)
* 2. Daniel BOLEY, b. 1806/07 Cecil Twp. Washington, Penn. m. Ruth Isabelle (Daniel died 1852 in Ohio Twp. Allegheny, Penn.)
* 2. Jane (Jemima) BOLEY, b. May 8,1808 Cecil Twp. Washington, Penn. m. Jeremiah Meek (Jane died 9/26/1873 in Moon Twp. Allegheny, Penn.)
* 2. John BOLEY, Jr., b. Aug. 23, 1810 Moon Twp. Allegheny, Penn. m. Elizabeth (John died 7/25/1850 in Moon Twp. Allegheny, Penn.)
* 2. Margaret BOLEY, b. 1813/14 Moon twp. Allegheny, Penn.
* 2. David Downer BOLEY, b. Sept. 2, 1814 Moon Twp. Allegheny, Penn m. Elizabeth Meanor 4/1/1834 (David died 7/19/1884 in St. Marys, Pleasants County, WV (Va)
* 3. John Nathan BOLEY, (b) 1/20/1835 Moon Twp. Allegheny, Pa (d)5/17/1910 St. Marys, Pleasants county, Wv.( Cloverdale church of Christ Cemetery.) married (1)Carol Elizabeth Decker (2) Mary M. Russell
* 3. Julia Ann BOLEY, (b) 9/1837 Moon Twp. Allegheny, Pa. married Loyd Bailey
* 3. David Downer BOLEY, Jr. (b) 4/19/1840 Moon Twp. Allegheny, Pa (d) 2/8/1916 St. Marys, Pleasants County, Wv (Cloverdale Church of Christ Cemetery) Married Mary OLDFIELD (b). 5/3/1843 Lynn Camp Marshall County, Va. (d) 4/22/1915 Pleasants County, Wv d/o John Biggs OLDFIELD and Elizabeth POULSON. They married 9/9/1858 in Pleasants County, Wv.
* 4. George Henry BOLEY (b)2/26/1859 Pa. (d)5/25/1922 St. Marys, Pleasants County, Wv married Emma Jane MILLER (b) 9/13/1860 Pa. (d) 4/1/1940 St. Marys, Pleasants County, Wv d/o George MILLER and Mariah MARTIN
* 5. Mary Marie BOLEY (b) Nov. 13, 1897 (d) 1945 married Harvey BLACKLEY
* 5. Lena BOLEY (twin) (b) Feb.28, 1882 (d) Feb.23,1948 married to an OLIVER
* 5. Rena BOLEY (twin) (b) Feb. 28, 1882 (d) as a small child
* 5. Albert James BOLEY (b) Dec 22, 1884 (d) June 25,1953
* 5. Florence (b) Jan. 31,1888 (d) 1922 married a SCADDE
* 5. Minnie Blanche BOLEY (b) Dec.1, 1890 (d) March l961 married to (1) John McGRATH (2) William Harold (Bill) BURROUGHS
* 6. George McGRATH 1915
* 6. Billie Jean BURROUGHS 7/22/1922 married to Gilbert M. HACKATHORNE
* 6. Charles Ray BURROUGHS 4/27/1924
* 6. Betty Jane BURROUGHS 5/18/1926 married John K. JOHNSON
* 5. Bernard David BOLEY (b) Aug.5, 1893 (d) Sept.3, 1966 married to Melvina BOTT
* 5. Bethel Pearl BOLEY (b) April 21, 1896 (d) Sept. 1969 married to Guy KUSSART
* 5. George Harry BOLEY (b) April 29, 1900 (d) Sept.10, 1942
* 5. Harvey John BOLEY (b) Dec.21, l904 (d) March 10,1985 married to Maude Lucille BOTT
* 4. Daniel BOLEY (b) 1862
* 4. Robert BOLEY (b) 1862
* 4. John Biggs BOLEY (b) 5/13/1863 (d) June 29, 1938 (Twin) married Lenora HART
* 4. Downer David BOLEY (b)5/13/1863 (d) Sept. 8, 1938 (Twin) married Alice A. ALBERT (b) 1866
* 4. E.M. BOLEY Daughter Name unknown. (b) 1871
* 4. James W. BOLEY (b) 1873 (d) 1874
* 4. Walter Clarance BOLEY (b)3/8/1880 (d) Apr. 6, 1971
* 3. Elizabeth BOLEY (b) 9/1842 Moon Twp. Allegheny, Pa.
* 3. Anthony J. BOLEY (b)10/9/1844 Moon Twp. Allegheny, Pa. married Emily DECKER
* 3. Mary BOLEY (b) 1/31/1846 Moon Twp. Allegheny, Pa. married John Grimm March 13, 1864 in Pleasants County, Wv.married John GRIMM
* 3. Jemima BOLEY (b)12/25/1849 Lawrence Twp. Washington County, Ohio (d) 4/13/1902 St. Marys, Pleasants county, Wv. married George W. MEANOR 7/28/1868
* 3. Sarah Mellissa BOLEY (b)5/28/1851 Lawrence Twp. Washington County, Ohio (d) 1909 St. Marys, Pleasants County, Wv. married Thadeous OLDFIELD
* 3. Esther BOLEY (b)10/22/1853 St. Marys, Pleasants County, Wv married George W. MEANOR
* 3. Idia BOLEY (b) 1861 Pleasants County, Wv
* 3. James BOLEY (b) 1864, Pleasants County, Wv.
* 2. Errick (Arick) BOLEY, b. 1816/17 Moon Twp. Allegheny, Penn. m. Martha.
* 2. Sarah A. BOLEY, Dec. 27, 1823 Moon Twp. Allegheny, Penn. m. Jacob Lashell (Capt.) Jan. 9, 1839 (Sarah died 12/7/1910 in Verona, Allegheny, Penn)
I hope this helps.When my email is up and working better. I will email you. We are getting a new system and server. Same email address. Would be happy to talk to anyone on the Arick line as well.
Your Friend, Lori