I have a small book entitled "Vital Statistics", Never before published Records of Far Western KY by Magee.These records were compiled by E. W. Horr of Blandville, Ballard Co, Ky over his life time.I bought the book from the Ballard Geneological Society in Wickliffe, Ballard Co, KY.
I have an interest in ATHERTON of Ballard and Carlisle Counties of Western KY and those that migrated to Texas from abt 1885 to 1905.I had 2 great aunts marry ATHERTON brothers Nathan and Moses, sons of Benjamin ATHERTON, that migrated to TX about 1900-05.I have been reading through the postings on Genforum, Atherton Family, and have found some ATHERTON in the Vital Statistics book that may be of interest to some ATHERTON researchers:
1.Atherton, D. C. "Doc" died 8/17/1898, bn Ballard Co 1845.
2.Atherton, Rev. H, died October 17, 1887, 73 yrs
3.Atherton, wife of Rev. H., died 11/16/1885, 70 yrs old.
4.Atherton, James E. bn 12/6/1830, d 8/31/1915, 84 yrs
5.Atherton, Jenny R., wife of Ben Atherton.
6.Atherton, John William, bro of D. C., bn Ballard Co 1/22/1837, d 1/6/1920 age 83 yrs.
7.Atherton, Martin, son of Rev. Howard Atherton, d 3/16/1921 age 75 yrs.
8.Atherton, Mattie Whitehouse, widow, b 2/8/1854 Spencer Co, Ind, d 8/29/1928.
9.Atherton, M. Bert, b 10/3/1818, d 10/6/1878.
10. Atherton, M. H., b 5/15/1845, d 3/16/1921.
11. Atherton, M. D., son of M. H., b Ballard 5/11/1876.
12. Atherton, P. Amella, widow of William, d 10/26/1915, age 76 yrs.
13. Atherton, Talbott, d 7/17/1774.
14. Atherton, Thomas H., d 8/23/1886.
15. Atherton, Todd E., b 6/8/1842, d 8/24/1902.
16. Atherton, William, d 8/1877, 42 yrs, Pamella's husband.(Is P. Amella above Pamella?)
17. Atherton, William, d 4 p.m. 7/8/1880. b 1838.
18. Atherton, T. C, son of M. Bert, b 7/20/1857, Ballard Co
These are the listings under Atherton and all that is recorded.If you have a female Atherton's married name, I can look and see if she is listed.