Hello Susan, this is the line.
Stories, Memories & Histories > Record of the Bartholomew family : historical, genealogical, biographical
BENJAMIN BARTHOLOMEW OF COVENTRY, CHESTER COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA AND HIS DESCENDANTS.
1. Benjamin(1) may have been brother of John, Daniel and Jacob (see page 459) and Henry (see page 535). Tradition says he was born in Holland or Germany. He was a wheelwright and resided in Coventry, Chester Co., Pa., at the time of his death in 1760; where his widow, Datherine Bartholomew, petitions the court to grant administration "to John Paul, yeoman, of Vincent,Chester Co.., Pa.,principal creditor," on t he estate of her "deceased husband, Benjamin Batholomew, late of Coventry." "That he will do justice by me and my children." Letters of administration were granted to John Paul, 5 Nov. 1760. The estate was divided as follows: one-third to the widow, two shares to the eldest son and a share each "to the five younger children."
The following are supposed to have been his children. Daniel, Jacob and Jonathan are know to have been brothers; their father was a wheelwright of Chester Co., named Benjamin, who came from the borders of France and Germany and died during their boyhood. John lived in the town of Coventry where Benjamin died, and every indication points to his having been a son of Benjamin.
2. 1 Daniel(2) b. about 1740; was killed in the Revolution.
****3 ii Jacob bn about 1743; d. in 1813, age 70
4 iii John b. about 1745; d. about 1782
5 iv Jonathan, m. Elizabeth Rothermel; res. in Berks Co
3 Jacob(2) (Benjamin (1) born in Chester Co PA 1743; married a Miss Stein and died in 1813 aged 70 (gravestone). She survived her husband but a few years.Mr. Bartholomew was a wheelwright and moved early from chester Co. to Milford Township, Bucks Co. Pa. where all of his children were born. Of the German Reformed Church. His estate was admitted to probate, 21 Oct. 1813; his sons Henry and Andrewas being made administrators. Nearly all of his descendants live in or near Trumbaursville, Bucks Co. Pa. Children:
i. Henry 20 Sept 1783 d. Dec. 1873
ii. Andreas m. 1816 Sarah Barringer d. Milford Township 1834, when his estate was administered by Joseph Illegoss?
iii Jacob, b. 1788; m. in 1816 Sarah Rodenbush, and died in 1843 in Milford where his estate was probated.
1. Maria b 1820 m. 1843 Henry Boyer
2. Cordelia b. 1825 m. 1843 A. Hillegoss of Pennsburg
4. Henry Bartholomew b 12 Dec 1834; m. 15 November, 1858 Alvesta Deility of Hanover Pa; res. Bethlehem, Lehigh
1 Alean b 18 Feb 1859
2 Sally A. b 7 Mar 1862 m. George Kuhn
3. a son, b. 16 March, 18709
4 Henry W. I. b. 14 Aug. 1871
5 Jno. D. b 26 Nov 1873
6 Emanuel b 20 June 1876
7 Robert G. Bartholomew b. 23 Aug. 1878
iv George m. and d. about 1834
v. John died young
vi Catherine m. Henry Barringer; large family
vii Mary m. Wm. Conner of Milford Sq. and d. in 1856
viii Nancy m. Jacob Masemer and d. leaving son Jacob
ix Daughter m. John Heller
Name: Benjamin BARTHOLOMEW
Given Name: Benjamin
Birth: in , , , Holland
Death: 1760 in , Coventry, Chester, Pennsylvania
Burial: 1760 , Coventry, Chester, Pennsylvania
Widow Catherine, petitioned the Court to grant administration "to John Paul,yeoman of Vincent, chestr Co, PA, principal credition" on the estate of her"deceased husband Benjamin" late of Coventry. Issued were named:
Daniel born 1740, killed in Am. Rev. War
Jacob bor Chester Co, PA abt 1743- died in Am Rev abt 1782
John b 1745 died in war abt 1782
Jonathan, settled in Richmons twp, Berks Co, PA
Change Date: 25 Jul 2006 at 01:00:00
Father: BARTHOLOMEW b: in , , , Holland
Marriage 1 Mrs. Catherine BARTHOLOMEW b: ABT 1740
Married: BEF 1740 in , , , Pennsylvania