Hi double fourth cousin Jim and Mary,
One main point to add,Ritchie Dallis Law (b June 10, 1881, d. Oct 14, 1971) was the son of Cecelia (Celia) M. Bartlett (b Oct 18, 1858 d. May 16, 1939) and David Guthrie Law (b. Apr 3, 1853, d. Aug 19, 1921).Marriage date of Apr. 1, 1880.
Cecelia and David Law are burried in the Spruce Creek Cemetery.
Thus when Ritchie married Lida V. Bartlett (b. Dec. 9, 1883, d. Dec 9, 1971), married on Apr. 15, 1905, he was marrying his second cousin once removed. Ritchie was a great grandson of Samuel and Lida was a granddaughter of Elijah (Samuel's much younger brother).
I show Cecelia and David Law's children as:
1. Richie Dallis Lawb. June 10, 1881, d. Oct. 14, 1971
2. Louie Dow Lawb. Apr. 3, 1883, d. June 15, 1942
3. Eva Lora Lawb. Aug. 25, 1885,d. May 18, 1966
4. Carl Delford Lawb. June 14, 1888, d. Aug. 19, 1951
5. Oma Zella Lawb. Aug. 13, 1890, d. ?
6. Ila Pearl Lawb. Jan. 24, 1893,d. July1896
7. Ermine Don Lawb.1895, d. July1896
8. Sylvia Mida Lawb. Now. 20, 1897, d.?
9. Ocean Wave (Ruby) Lawb. 1902 or 1903, d. Nov. 1904
I show 10 children of Richie and Lida V., born between 1906 and 1925, four known dead.This is from the work of cousin Eddie Murray Taylor, Jr., who is not on line and over 80 by now.Murray put a lot of work into finding Samuel's descendents, while he relied on Jim's work for the earlier generations.
Mary, I note that you have postings on the Goff list, for Andrew Jason & Simon Draper Goff, and their related Law marriages.I suspect that your postings on the Hughes family are other cousins with in the Samuel Bartlett descendents.
Samuel Bartlett, with Mary Fleming or Elizabeth Ann Douglas, had at least 18 children.I descend thru child No. 6, Elizabeth who married James Harrison Fletcher, while cousin Murray descends thru child No. 7, Nancy who married W. D. Taylor.Jim descends thru Samuel's brother John H. Bartlett, who married Mary's sister, Sarah A. Fleming.
Mary, just where do you tie in to this family?
Best Regards,Dick FletcherFletcherRJ@aol.com