Re: Beemer/Beamer & Coss, NJ to PA, mid-1800's
Nicole- Some of the data came from a collection, by William Charter Beemer (1836-1954), which he titled, "Beemer Family History", 1936.It was not published, but has been placed in some libraries; I don't know which ones. William was a great grandson of Jacob Beamer (1771-1842) & Susannah Wyker.His grandfather was Isaac Beemer (1805-1890) wife Eliza Lambert.Isaac was therefore a brother of Abram Beemer who married Mary Decker.When Jacob Beamer died, Abram, Isaac, and their sister, Fanny (Mrs. Peter Richards) divided their father's estate. Abram sold his share to Isaac and went west. Isaac took the part,that in1909 was the Henry Struble farm, where he resided from 1825 to 1890, when he died. Some information came from Alva Chandler Beemer, son of Abram.
Also I found a chart at LDS on Abraham Beeemer (Beamer) showing his parents, wife, her parents, and their children, which were listed as:
1. Chandler Beemer, born about 1820 Beemerville, N.J.
2. Mary Beemer, born about 1823, married Mr. Roberts.
3. Elizabeth Beemer, born about 1826, married Mr. Coss.
4. Harriet Beemer, born about 1830, married Mr. Beardsley.
5. Phebe Beemer, forn 12 Feb. 1835, married John Davis Kiser. The information came from Mabel Snelson, Scranton, PA.; and Lelia Kizer Scott, Lake Ariel, PA.The person who submitted the chart was : Clara Lewis Jennings, 4228 E. OakST., Phoenix, Arizona. (prob. in 1956/57.)The birth, death and marriage of Abram Beemer and Mary Decker and birth's and deaths of all their children, came from William C. Beemer's collection, mentioned above.I have since added much data to Jacob Beamer & Susannah Wyker's line. If I can help further, please let me know.