Bits and pieces of many sources of varying levels of trustworthyness.Here is what I have:
1) Jo White Linn (now deceased) wrote a book on the HOLMES family.I have copies of some of the information that pertains to HOLMES.One of the wonderful things the author did was include legible photocopies of Reuben's and Moses' wills in her book.Moses does refer to his daughter Elizabeth BEAN.However, Ms. Linn did not follow through on her research by checking census, etc., so she doesn't have dates, just names and did not seem to be aware that .
2) 1850 census shows Elizabeth BEAN, age 31, living in household of Willa or Willy? BEAN, child Moses BEAN and others.On same page with MILLERs.[Citation: Year: 1850; Census Place: School District 41, Rowan, North Carolina; Roll: M432_643; Page: 126; Image: 254.Source: Ancestry.com. 1850 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Seventh Census of the United States, 1850. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1850. M432, 1,009 rolls.]
3) Moses HAINES & Mary DEATHERAGE, 6 Mar 1816; Leonard SMITH, bondsman; John MARCH Sr., wit.[Source: Ancestry.com. Marriages of Rowan County, North Carolina 1753-1868 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006. Original data: Holcomb, Brent H. Marriages of Rowan County, North Carolina 1753-1868. Baltimore, MD, USA: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2001.]Although the names are mangled, I'm positive this is the right guy.The bondsman, Leonard SMITH, is a dead giveaway.There are also other HOLMES (or related families)/DEATHERAGE connections.I haven't seen the original marriage to know if its a misreading or not.
4) GenForum Deatherage Family Genealogy Forum.Especially messages 583, 906, 1101.
5) My own personal research including census work.I descend from Moses HOLMES' eldest sister Mary HOLMES who married Joseph Josiah BAIRD (often spelled BEARD).
I will look to see if I have more information on Elizabeth that I can share.