We would like to mark this man's unmarked grave with a Veterans Administration headstone, but can only do so with the help of a direct descendant.No cost to descendant.Please contact us if you are a direct descendant of this man.
Frank Beaver was a Union veteran of the Civil War, who spent the last years of his life in the White’s Chapel Community.Census records indicate he was born in Germany about 1832, and moved to Texas between 1873 and 1876 from Missouri. Family genealogists at Ancestry.com say he was born in Luxembourg on July 8, 1831, and that he died June 12, 1896 in Tarrant County, Texas.If this is true it seems likely he is buried at White’s Chapel in an unmarked grave.
Those sources also say he came to the United States in 1848, and was naturalized on November 14,1859 in Miami County, Ohio.He was made a sergeant in 1864 at Gallatin, Tennessee.He was 5’9-1/2” tall at the time of his service. Beaver’s wife, Caroline, was born November 30, 1835 in Ohio, and died December 22, 1889; she has a gravestone in White’s Chapel Cemetery.Family sources say she was Caroline Mann, and that she and Mr. Beaver were married in 1866.All the Beaver children born between about 1868 and 1873 were born in Missouri.The remainder were born in Texas, beginning about 1876. By 1879, he and his family had settled in Tarrant County where they owned the entire 160-acre Barnett Hollingsworth survey in present-day Southlake, on which he was still living at the time the 1895 Sam Street map of Tarrant County was made.In modern-day terms, this tract has as its northeast corner the intersection of Continental Boulevard and South Carroll Road.His north line follows present-day Continental from that point.The survey was a square, one-half mile on each side fromthatpoint.Hisentire farmisnowpartoftheTimarronGolf Courseandhousing development.Beaver lived in the White’s Chapel area at the time the 1890 census was taken.He told the census taker he had served in the Union army from October 26, 1861 until November 30, 1865, in Co. C, 71 Ohio Infantry.He was enlisted as a private, and st was a first sergeant at the time of his discharge. In 1895, the family lived in the White’s Chapel Community in present-day Southlakealong thesouthsideof Continental Boulevard about one-quarter mile west of its intersection with CarrollDriveSouth.Hewas pensionedby thefederal government forhis Union army service. Hisdeathdoesnot appear in the Texas death records.His descendants were in this community as late as 1930. Family sources on the internet list the following children: John Wilbur Beaver(born April 14, 1867); PriscillaCatherine Beaver (December12,1868-June22,1936,marriedThaddeous BenjaminWood);FrancisHenry Beaver (October23, 1870-February 11,1933);W.W.Beaver (February 19, 1873-February 23, 1942, married Mollie Artemecie Shaddy); Avary LouiseBeaver (July 30,1874-January 19,1875); Caroline Elizabeth “Callie” Beaver (born April10, 1878, died 1968,married J. M. Jimeson);and CharlesEdwardBeaver (March 13, 1879).