Still seeking more info on
PATERNAL FAMILY LINEAGE:
Jack WILLIAMS and Lora Belle MARQUESS
Thomas H. WILLIAMS and Carrie CAVENDER
Thomas R. WILLIAMS and Mary Anntoinette BECKHAM
Malkijah WILLIAMS and Cynthia Ann BURNS
Other paternal surnames: Welsh, Middlebrook, Clark,
CYNTHIA ANN (BURNS) WILLIAMS
m:Malkijah (Lige/Kige) WILLIAMS
d/o Arthur BURNS and Sarah "Sally" CLARK
Name: Malkijah Williams
Birth: ABT 1803 in Tennessee
Residence: Jackson Co., Texas
Event: Fact #1 Reared by Winslow Turner II (stepfather) as own child
Census: 1850 Jackson County: Age 46; Born W. Tennessee
Event: Marriage Record 5 DEC 1837 Recorded in Jackson County, Texas Marriage Licences: Vol. A/B, pg. 7
Bio:History of DeWitt Colony
Father: ? Williams (William Williams?)
Mother: Mary Elizabeth (Mrs.) Williams
Marriage 1 Cynthia Ann Burns b: ABT 1813 in Missouri
Married: 16 JUL 1834 in Jackson County, Texas
Marriage License: 5 DEC 1837 in Jackson County, Texas
Children of Cynthia Ann BURNS and Malkijah WILLIAMS are:
i. Julia Ann WILLIAMS was born ABT 1836 in Jackson County, Texas, and died UNKNOWN.
ii. Thomas R. WILLIAMS was born 19 NOV 1836 in Gonzales Co.,Texas,
died 8 AUG 1919 in Charco,TX.
iii. Lucretia WILLIAMS was born ABT 1839 in Jackson County, Texas, and died UNKNOWN.
iv. John WILLIAMS was born ABT 1840 in Jackson County, Texas, and died UNKNOWN.
v. Mary WILLIAMS was born ABT 1842 in Jackson County, Texas, and died UNKNOWN.
vi. Ruth WILLIAMS was born ABT JAN 1850 in Jackson County, Texas, and died UNKNOWN.
The following is from researcher Burns McArthur:
Arthur BURNS II
1786 - 1856
BIRTH: 1786, PA
Father: Arthur BURNS I
Family 1 : CYNTHIA(MARY)
Family 2 : Catey MCHUGH
MARRIAGE: 28 Nov 1805
Family 3 : Sara (Sally) MOORE
MARRIAGE: 14 Dec 1825, Pike County, Missouri
d/o Leroy Lester Beckham and Mary (?)
m:Thomas R. Williams-23 FEB 1859
Thomas R. WILLIAMS
Birth: 19 NOV 1836 in Gonzales Co., TX
Death: 8 AUG 1919 in Charco, TX
Burial: Salem Cem., Lavaca Co., TX
Military Service: 13 MAR 1862 1st Sgt Co. E 21st TX Cav
Military Service: Enlisted in Lavaca Co.
Military Service: 31 OCT 1863 Present at last roll call
Marriage 1 Mary Antoinetta BECKHAM b: 1846 in MS
Married: 23 FEB 1859
Name: Mary Antoinetta BECKHAM
Birth: 1846 in MS
Death: 1905 in San Antonio, TX
Children of Thomas R. Williams and Mary A. Beckham:
1. Mary Estella WILLIAMS was born 10 JUN 1860 in Nueces Co., TX, and died 12 MAR 1911 in Salem, Lavaca Co., TX. She married Berry Alexander BUTTS 27 JAN 1876, son of Andrew Jackson BUTTS and Susan BOWNDS. He was born 7 JUL 1853 in Salem, Lavaca Co., TX, and died 8 NOV 1933 in Salem, Lavaca Co., TX.
2. Lula Lavinia WILLIAMS was born 25 JAN 1868 in Lavaca Co., TX, and died WFT Est. 1882-1962. She married Henry MILLS WFT Est. 1882-1915. He was born WFT Est. 1851-1871, and died WFT Est. 1885-1957.
3. Bishop Burns WILLIAMS was born 3 JAN 1870 in Lavaca Co., TX, and died WFT Est. 1871-1960 in While on prospecting trip in W. TX. Uncle Ben Young and Lloyd brought body to San Antonio.
4. Lewis Beckham WILLIAMS was born 3 AUG 1872 in Lavaca Co., TX, and died WFT Est. 1889-1962. He married Ida ? WFT Est. 1889-1922. She was born WFT Est. 1868-1888, and died WFT Est. 1889-1972.
5. Thomas Homer WILLIAMS was born 18 SEP 1874 in Lavaca Co., TX, and died WFT Est. 1891-1964. He married Carrie CAVENDER WFT Est. 1891-1924. She was born WFT Est. 1870-1890, and died WFT Est. 1891-1974.
6. John Paul WILLIAMS was born 19 NOV 1876 in Lavaca Co., TX, and died WFT Est. 1877-1966.
7. Silas Ward WILLIAMS was born 5 JUL 1879, and died WFT Est. 1896-1969. He married Ada CAVENDER WFT Est. 1896-1929. She was born WFT Est. 1875-1895, and died WFT Est. 1896-1979.
8. Mabel Grace WILLIAMS was born 1881 in San Antonio, TX, and died WFT Est. 1895-1975. She married Ben F. YOUNG WFT Est. 1895-1928. He was born WFT Est. 1864-1884, and died WFT Est. 1898-1970.
THOMAS HOMER WILLIAMS married CARRIE (Cavender)WILLIAMS daughter of Thomas Jefferson Cavender and Sarah Jane Welsh. Thomas was born on 4 Jul 1843 in Mississippi. He died on 21 Sep 1904 in Dilley Frio County, Texas. He was buried in 1904 in Dilley Cemetery, Frio County, Texas.
Thomas married Sarah Jane Welch daughter of Thomas H. Welch and Amanda Middlebrook on 15 May 1864 in Williamson County, Texas. Sarah was born on 16 Dec 1850 in Robertson Co. Texas. She died on 9 Apr 1926 in Frio County, Texas. She was buried in 1926 in Dilley Cemetery, Dilley, Frio County, Texas.
6. Carrie Cavender (Thomas Jefferson) was born on 9 Aug 1879. She died on 15 Jul 1941. She was buried in 1941 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas.
Carrie married Thomas Homer Williams on 15 Apr 1900 in Frio County, Texas. Thomas was born on 18 Sep 1874/1875 in Lavaca County, Texas.
They had the following children:
M i. Homer Williams was born about 1902 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas.
M ii. Edwin Williams was born about 1904 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas.
M iii. Elmer Williams was born about 1906 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas.
F iv. Bessie Williams was born about 1908 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas.
M v. Jack Williams was born on 12 Apr 1910 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas, d: 25 Sep 1992 in Pasadena, Los Angeles, California. He married Lora Belle Marquess b:27 Feb 1908 in Oklahoma, d:24 Jan 1991 in Pasadena, Los Angeles, California. She was the only daughter of Valna Belle Ledbetter and Delmer Harrison Marquess. Her mother died in childbirth and she was raised by Gertrude Marquess-McCoy (Delmer's sister) and her husband Charles McCoy in Colorado. Lora Belle most often went by "Sally McCoy".
Jack and Sally had two sons, six grandchildren, and four greatgrandchildren when they passed.
I AM ONLY A FEW MONTHS INTO THIS RESEARCH. ANY AND ALL INFO. WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!