Matthew BECKWITH Jr. was born about 1644 of Lyme, CT and possibly Saybrook, CT. He died June 4, 1727 in Old Lyme, CT. He married (1) Elizabeth HILL about 1666 in Lyme, CT.
He married (2) Sarah GRISWOLD.
He married (3) Elizabeth GRISWOLD who was the daughter of Matthew Griswold of Kenilworth, England (who died 27 Sep 1698 in Lyme, CT) and Anna Wolcott, married October 16, 1646. Other spouses of Elizabeth Griswold were John Rogers (1 Dec 1648-17 Oct 1721) the son of James Rogers and Elizabeth Rowland; div. 12 Oct 1676/7; and Peter Pratt (died 24 Mar 1688) married August 5, 1679 in Lyme, CT.
Children of Matthew Beckwith, Jr. and Elizabeth Hill
1. Matthew Beckwith III (13 Apr 1667 Lyme, CT-4 Jun 1740 Lyme, CT)
sp: (1) Hannah CHAMPION (possibly: born about 1667, daughter of Henry Champion, Sr., and Sarah Bennett, married 1 Aug 1647, but no birth record of daughter Hannah; Henry Champion, Sr. married second, Deborah Palmer, widow of Lewis Jones, who then married Henry Crane, whose first wife was Concurrence Meigs) note: (Hannah Champion born 13 Feb 1682/3 was the daughter of Thomas Champion and Hannah Brockway who were married 23 Aug 1681/2; Hannah Brockway married (2) John Wade)
sp: (2) Elisheba or Elizabeth RAYNOR (4 Dec 1700 Lyme, CT-about 1746 Lyme, CT) m: (17 Feb 1721 Lyme, CT when Matthew Beckwith III was 54 years old and she was age 20; they had 6 children; he may have had a son Matthew but he is not listed) par: Josiah Raynor and Sarah Higby
2. John Beckwith (born about 1669 but there is no information about him)
3. James Beckwith (11 Jun 1671 Lyme, CT-Dec 1756 Farmington, CT)
sp: Sarah MARVIN (about 1672 Lyme, CT-about 1756 Farmington, CT) m: (8 Feb 1692/3 Lyme, CT) par: Reynold Marvin and Sarah Clark
4. Jonah or Jonathan Beckwith (27 Dec 1673 Lyme, CT-22 Dec 1721 Lyme, CT)
sp: Rebecca DE WOLF (about 1676 Lyme, CT-) m: (about 1698 Lyme, CT) par: Edward De Wolf and Rebecca Tinker
5. Prudence Beckwith (22 Aug 1676 Lyme, CT-17 Nov 1740 Hempstead, CT or possibly LI, NY; of Wethersfield, CT, Glastonbury, CT or Middletown, CT)
sp: (1) Charles DE WOLF (18 Sep 1673 Lyme, CT-5 Dec 1731 Middletown, CT) m: (about 1694 Lyme, CT) par: Edward De Wolf and Rebecca Tinker
sp: (2) WHITE
6. Elizabeth Beckwith (4 Feb 1677/8 Lyme, CT-)
sp: John MOORE (about 1681 Lyme, CT-about 1758 CT) m: (25 Sep 1704 Lyme, CT) par: Abel Moore and Hannah Hempstead
7. Ruth Beckwith (14 Mar 1680/1 Lyme, CT-3 Mar 1747/8 CT)
sp: Jonathan ROYCE Jr. (16 Aug 1678 Norwich, CT-28 Apr 1725 Norwich, CT) m: (Mar 1700 Norwich, CT) par: Jonathan Royce and Deborah Caulkins
8. Sarah Beckwith (15 Dec 1684 Lyme, CT-)
sp: Joseph LEONARD Jr. (11 Jan 1680/1 Springfield, MA-19 Oct 1737 Springfield, MA) m: (1704) par: Joseph Leonard and Mary Fellows