Here is Louisiana Bienvenue info for all interested
Philippe Francois Beinvenu
b.1671 in Orlean , France; baptized on 23 Mar 1871 in Church of St. Paul, Orleans, France.
m.Francoise Allaire on 5 Jul 1699 in Lorient, Department of Morbihan
At age of25, Philippe moved to Lorient, Department of Morbihan.
May 23, 1718, he and his son, Pierre Antoine (age 15), left port of Lorient bound for Louisiana.
Phillipe, was a master carpenter (menuisier).
He went to the settlement of Kaskaskia, Illinois, where he was building houses in 1723.
Francoise Allaire was born in Ploemeur.
Philippe Francois Beinvenu and Francoise Allaire had the following children:
(1) Marie Francoise Beinvenu was baptized on 23 Sep 1701.
(2) Jeanne Beinvenu died on 12 Sep 1729.
(3) Elizabeth Beinvenu.
(4) Pierre Antoine Bienvenu m. Marie Marthe DeVince
Pierre Antoine Bienvenu – son of Philippe Francois Beinvenu and Francoise Allaire
b.Mar 1703 in Lorient, Brittany, France.Baptized on 22 Mar 1703 in Lorient, Brittany, France.
m. Marie Marthe Devince on 5 Jun 1754 in Louisiana. (second wife?)
Pierre Antoine Bienvenu was a Major in Kaskaskia (Illinois) Militia.He had tow land grants in Illinois.While in Kaskaskia he is recorded as serving as magistrate of the settlement, representing the village in all lawsuits against it.After 1739 he moved to lower Louisiana near New Orleans.He was a wealthy landowner, having the largest plantation in St Bernard Parish.He was a Captain in the Coast Guard in Louisiana.He was invited to serve on the Cabildo, the colony's chief judicial body, and sat at the court's first session in December 1769.He and his second wife had seven sons and five daughters.
Marie Marthe Devince
b.1737 in Mobile, Alabama.
Pierre Antoine Bienvenu and Marie Marthe Devince had the following children:
(1) Alexandre Devince Bienvenu I m. Felicite' Louise Henriette DeGrondel De Latil
Alexandre Devince Bienvenu I- son of Pierre Antoine Bienvenu and Marie Marthe Devince
m. Felicite' Louise Henriette DeGrondel De Latil March 18, 1783 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
b. 1764 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
d.June 16, 1805 in St. Martinville, Louisiana.
Alexandre Devince, like his father, was very wealthy.He owned over 2400 arpents of the finest lands in the Attakapas, stretching from Cypress Island to Bayou Teche and across to the Catahoula Road, and had some 40 slaves on his large holdings.He named his plantation "Beau-Bassin".
Felicite' Louise Henriette De Grondel De Latil-- daughter of (Chevalier) Alexandre Antoine De Latil and Jeanne Goujon De Grondel
b.Dec 31, 1762 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
d.1833 in St. Martinville, Louisiana.
Gave her six sons to the Battle of New Orleans (January 8, 1815), and offered her services to nurse the wounded soldiers.She received a letter of thanks and praise from Governor W.C.C. Claiborne, public commendation and thanks from General Jackson, and was carried through the streets of New Orleans in a chair on the shoulders of two soldiers in honor of her services.
Alexandre Devince Bienvenu I and Felicite' Louise Henriette De Grondel De Latil had the following children:
(1) Marie Jeanne Aspasie Bienvenu, born on 20 Nov 1783; died on 28 Nov 1819.
(2) Alexandre Devince Bienvenu II, born on 15 Jan 1784 in "The Attakapas"; died on 8 Jul 1855 in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.He was buried on 8 Jul 1855 in St. Louis Cemetery #1New Orleans, LA.Alexandre Devince II was thirty-one years old when the Battle of New Orleans was fought.He served as a private in Captain L.J.L. Wiltz's Infantry Company, 4th Regiment, Louisiana Militia, under Colonel G.W. Morgan.He was an enlisted man in the armed forces of the United States from December 1814 to March 1815, serving in St. Bernard Parish and on the battlefield at Chalmette, adjoining the Bienvenu family plantation.A bronze memorial marks his burial place in New Orleans.He and his wife were the parents of eight children.
(3) Charles Thomas Raphael Thimecourt Bienvenu m. Elise Veillon
(4) Charles Timoleon Bienvenu, born on 2 Feb 1791; died on 13 Oct 1830.
(5) Pierre Terville Bienvenu was born on 20 Nov 1793.
(6) Joseph Terence Bienvenu was born on 30 Aug 1795; died on 30 Nov 1843.
(7) Francois Theodule Bienvenu was born on 26 Dec 1797.He died on 13 Mar 1867.
(8) Alexandrine (Alix) Bienvenu was born in 1798.She died on 10 Sep 1804.
(9) Felicite Amynthe Bienvenu was born on 11 Nov 1801.
Charles Thomas Raphael Thimecourt Bienvenu-- son of Alexandre Devince Bienvenu I and Felicite' Louise Henriette De Grondel De Latil
b.Oct 24, 1787 in New Orleans LA..
d.Aug 28, 1833 in St. Martinville, Louisiana.
m. Elise Veillon on Jul 5,1807.
At the Battle of New Orleans, War of 1812, Thimecourt served as a private in Captain Joseph Dubuclet's Volunteer Troop of Teche-Attakapas Hussars (Cavalry).The 1810 Tax List of Landowners and Slaveowners of the Attakapas, states they owned property having arpents frontage on the Bayou and six slaves.He and Elise Veillon had eight children.
Elise Veillon – daughter of Louis Veillon and Marie Perrine Soudris
b.Sep 27, 1790 in New Orleans, Louisiana.She died in St. Martinville, Louisiana.
Charles Thomas Raphael Thimecourt Bienvenu and Elise Veillon had the following children:
(1) Louis Thimecourt Bienvenu, born on 20 Sep 1808; died on 1 Nov 1815.
(2) Elise Bienvenu, born in 1809; died on 18 Nov 1829.
(3) Marie Felicite Bienvenu, born on 12 Apr 1812; died on 20 Oct 1821.
(4) Edouard Bienvenu, born on 12 Jun 1814; died on 6 Oct 1814.
(5) Louise Constance Amelina Bienvenu m. Casimere Bienvenu
(6) Marie Olympe Bienvenu, born on 30 Oct 1823; died on 24 Nov 1887.
(7) Charles Thimecourt Bienvenu, born on 3 Nov 1825.
Louise Constance Amelina Bienvenu
b.19 Dec 1815.
d. 23 Oct 1836 in St. Martinville, Louisiana.
m. Casimere Bienvenu (They were first cousins)
Alexandre Antoine De Latil m. Jeanne Goujon De Grondel Nov16, 1761 in New Orleans, LA
Born in Paris, France.Native of Paris, St. Medrique Parish, Ecuyer.
Chavalier Royale de Militaire.
Jeanne Goujon De Grondel and Chavalier, Alexandre Antoine De Latil had the following children:
(1) Felicite' Louise Henriette De Grondel De Latil.
(2) Marie Elenore De Latil was born on 25 Feb 1767.
(3) Lazare Balthasar De Latil was born on 30 Dec 1767.
m. Marie Francoise Aubert.
Was a royal carpenter
Marie Francoise Aubert.
Jean Veillon and Marie Francoise Aubert had the
(1) Louis Veillon, m. Marie Perrine Soudris
Louis Veillon and Marie Perrine Soudris
Louis Veillon – son of Jean Veillon and Marie Francoise Aubert
b.25 Aug 1750 in New Orleans, Louisiana.Baptized in New Orleans, Louisiana.
d.28 Oct 1833.
m.Marie Perrine Soudris on 1 Jan 1789 in St. Martinville, Louisiana.
Louis Veillon was in the Attakapas Militia in 1774
Marie Perrine Soudris – daughter of Martin Soudris and Perrine Barras
b.22 Feb 1771 in Pointe Coupee, Louisiana.
Louis Veillon and Marie Perrine Soudris had the following children:
(1) Elise Veillon – m. Charles Thomas Raphael Thimecourt Bienvenu.
b. 8 Jan 1740 in Pointe Coupee, Louisiana
d.29 Aug 1804.
m.Perrine Barras on 1 Jan 1769.
Martin was in the Attakapas Spanish Militia, 1774 under General Galvez.
Martin Soudris and Perrine Barras had the following children:
(1) Marie Perrine Soudris – m. Louis Veillon