Birtwhistles of Yorkshire and Lancashire 1843-1901
I would like to make contact with anyone researching ancestors or descendants of Charles Birtwhistle b Gargrave, North Yorkshire, England in 1843.
Charles married a distant relative of mine, Elizabeth Kirkbride b 16 Jun 1849 in Whitehaven, Cumberland, in the Manchester Cathedral on 5 Nov 1869.
Charles and Elizabeth had 11 children as follows:
1. Elizabeth Ann Birtwhistle b abt 1871 in Walton Le Dale, Lancs. Elizabeth married George Boud (Burnley, Lancs Jun 1896)and/or Leonard Hughes. She may have a son Allan Boud b abt Dec 1898 in Whitehaven.
2. Mary Isabella Birtwhistle b abt Mar 1872 in Walton Le Dale, Lancs. Mary married Arthur Pilling (b abt 1877 in Brierfield lancs), in Sep 1900 in Burnley, Lancs.
3. Edith Birtwhistle b 24 Sep 1873, Flasby, Yorkshire. Edith married Smith Middleton (b 29 Aug 1870 in Bradford Yorks)on 16 Oct 1897 in Haslington, Lancs, and moved to the United states before 1901.
4. Amelia Ellen (or Helen) Birtwhistle b abt Sep 1875 in Flasby, Gargrave, W Riding Yorks. Amelia married James Sudders (b abt Dec 1870 in Liverpool) in Burnley, Lancs in 1895.
5. Charles Leonard Birtwhistle b abt Sep 1877 in Flasby, York. Charles married Elizabeth Ellen Hammell (b abt 1876 in Aysgarth, Yorks). They had a son Charles Birtwhistle b 30 Dec 1899 in Flasby. Charles jnr married Sarah Ellen Blackledge on 12 Sep 1925 in St John's Church Nelson, Yorks.
6. Ethel Birtwhistle b abt Sep 1879 in Flasby, Yorks. Ethel married James Litherland (b abt 1880 in Burnley, Lancs) in Burnley in abt Mar 1900.
7. Louis Birtwhistle b abt Dec 1881 in Flasby Yorks. Louis married Ada Veevers or Ellen Ann Walsh in abt Mar 1907 in Burnley.
8. Minnie (Minerva?) Birtwhistle b abt Dec 1883 in Flasby Yorks.
9. Alan Birtwhistle b abt 1886 in Flasby, Yorks.
10. Clara N Birtwhistle b abt 1888 in Nelson, Lancs. Clara married Wilfred Bates.
11. Archibald (Archie) Birtwhistle b abt Jun 1890 in Brierfield, Lancs. Archie married Lily and had a son, Jack Birtwhistle b 9 May 1919.
Any information on this family most welcome