I am hoping that someone can help me as I'm presently hitting a brick wall!!
I have been able to get the families of:
1) Alexander Bisset (1895) who m: Margaret Pattie Peter (1895, Arbroath) on 18 July, 1919, Arbroath, Angus, Scotland. Their children were: 1) Harry Bisset (1920, Arbroath), 2) Greta Bisset (Unknown, Arbroath)
2) Alexander Bisset (1869) who m: Mary Kennedy (1869, Dublyside, Markinch, Fife) on 20 July, 1888, St. Vigeans, Arbroath, Angus, Scotland.Their children were: 1) Harry Bisset (1887, Arbroath), 2) Maggie Bisset (1891, Arbroath, 3) james Bisset (1893, Arbroath), 4) Alexander Valentine Bisset (1895, Montrose), 5) Eva Bisset (1897, Arbroath, 6) George Valentine Bisset (1900, Arbroath), 7) John Kennedy Bisset (1902, Arbroath), 8) Norman Bisset (1903, Arbroath), 9) David Bisset (1905, Arbroath) 10) Mary Bisset (1910, Arbroath)
3) Alexander Herd (or Hird) Bisset (1838) who m: Jane (Jean) Cooper Brown (1840, Laurencekirk) on 01 August, 1864, Arbroath, Angus, Scotland.Their children were: 1) Margaret Bisset (1865, Montrose), 2) Ann Gordon Bisset (1867, Montrose), 3) Alexander Bisset 1869, Montrose), 4) James Bisset 1871, Montrose), 5) David Bisset (1874, Montrose)
4) James Bisset (1800) who m: Elisabeth Herd (or Hird) (1802, Forfar) on 08 December, 1826, Forfar, Angus, Scotland.Their children were: 1) Betty Bisset (1827, Forfar), 2) Agnes Mill Bisset (1829, Dundee) 3) David Herd Bisset (1831, Dundee), 4) James Bisset (1835, Dundee), 5) Alexander Herd Bisset (1838, Dundee), 6) William Bisset (Abt 1840, Forfar)
5) Alexander Bisset -- who m: Betty Davidson (1779, Maryton, near Montrose) on 16 August 1799, Forfar, Angus, Scotland. Their children were: 1) James Bisset (1800, Forfar), 2) Betty Bisset (1804), 3) Bell Bisset (1814, Aberlemno), 4) Mary Bisset (1816, Aberlemno).
I have not been able to find the birth date nor birth place of the above (Fifth) Alexander Bisset (though I have found a Bisset that was born around the time this Alexander could possibly have been born, in Kirriemuir). And because I have not been able to determine this Alexander's birth date and birth place, I cannot therefore, find his parents.Which means I am totally stuck at him!I suspect that this family is going to originate from the North East Bissets, but I cannot make any connection at present!
If anyone can help me with Alexander Bisset's birth date and place of birth, and where his family goes from there, I would be MOST GRATEFUL!Bisset is my maiden name and I would dearly love to follow it back as far as possible. Thanks so much for reading this and considering whether you have a connection for my people.