"LIEUT. ROBERT GALBRAITH'S COMPANY, (a.) [This detachment of troops were garrisoning Fort Roberdeau from May, 1780, to July of that year. Of the men who composed it, sixteen in number, we have the following, who resided in Shirley township:]
"Thomas Morgan. Joseph Parrish. Henry Boyle. Joshua Cornelius. John Harris." [end of quote]
There was a lead mine in the area, which the Americans needed to make ammunition, and Fort Roberdeau guarded this resource. There is a modern-day reconstruction of the old fort about 8 miles North of Altoona, in present-day Blair County (but it was Huntingdon County before it was Blair). It is in/near Sinking Valley.
Shirley Township (area around present-day Shirleysburg, PA) is in present-day Huntingdon County (but was still Bedford County in 1780).