From the book "HISTORY AND BIOGRAPHY, COUNTIES OF WHITE AND PULASKI INDIANA. Historical and Biographical. Illustrated. Chicago; F. A. Battey & CO., Publishers. 1883." page 408, West Point Township, White County, Indiana
"JAMES H. CARSON is a native of this county (White County, Indiana), born January 17, 1853. He is one of the nine children of JAMES and LYDIA (BRECOUNT) CARSON, whose names were FERGUSON, MARY, ELIZABETH, WILLIAM, MILES (deceased), JAMES, LAURETTA, GENEVIA and HONORA. The father of JAMES was born August, 1815, in Franklin County, Indiana. He came to White County about 1844, and was one of the first settlers of this township, where he died in December, 1875; he was a farmer and school-master. The mother of JAMES was born near Cincinnati April 8, 1824, and is now the oldest resident of the township. MR. CARSON's home is located six miles southwest of Reynolds, and comprises a farm of 260 acres, forty of which are in Princeton Township. The land is well cultivated, productive and rolling. His chief products are corn, oats, hay and vegetables; he also makes a specialty of cattle and hogs, and deals in stock. He has a fine dwelling house, comfortable stables, and various other improvements. MR. CARSON is a successful farmer and a esteemed citizen."