Hi Virginia, Yes it has been a long time!! How are you? I had to take a "Briggs break". I havent really been able to tie anything down yet. I really am hung up on this Jesse Briggs living in Rutherford NC. I'm leaning toward him being not the father of my Thomas, but maybe his brother. I've got so much information on Jesse,Thomas,Gray,Neddy,and Howell it makes my head spin. I need to sit down and try to put it together. But I have run my line from Thomas to myself. I have it listed below. I thought I would start tracing the Bryd side of my family and it has been almost as hard. Have you got any new info? And it was good to hear from you!! Harold
Thomas Briggs b.1788 Surry Co. d.1844 Yancey Co. Married Jane "Jennie" Wilson b.1785 in the Holston river area of Tn. d/o of William and Diana ? Wilson. d.abt.1860 in Yancey Co. Thomas and Jane's children where:
1. Jason C. Briggs b.1811 d.1898 (my line) married Polly Ann Jarvis b.1823 d.1885
2. Geroge W. Briggs b.1820 married Ann Waldroup
3.Thomas G. Briggs b.1824 d.1864 died in the civil war in Va. and buried in Yancey Co. married Lucinda Holcombe
4.Wilson B. Briggs b.1826 d.1864 fought with the union army in Andersonville Ga. Also was one of the triplet sons. marriedMary Evans.
5. William K. Briggs (Rev.) b.1826 d.1906 Also one of the triplet's. married Lovada Elizabeth Shepherd d/o John and Dorothy Jones Shepard.
6. John G. Briggs b.1826 d.1905 Also one of the triplet's. married Roda Patterson.
7.Polly Briggs (oldest daut.) b.1813 married John (Jackie) George.
8. Ruth Briggs b. 1814 married Green Chandler
9. Miriah Briggs b. 1816 married John Hensley
10. Malinda Briggs b.1819 d.1890 married Josiah Robinson.
11. Rachel Briggs b. 1821 marrried Howell Briggs s/o Lewis and Louisa Briggs
12.Jane Briggs b.1833 married John Duck s/o Berry and Lucinda Radford Duck.
13. Malissa Briggs b.1834 d.1877 married 1st to Jesse Duck b/o John Duck. married 2nd to Rev. William Sparks