I am searching for the descendants of John & Hannah (Barber) Brigham of Stewart & Humphreys Cos, TN.In reading the responses on the Brigham Family Forum concerning William B. Brigham, I am not sure I have the correct children for Hannah and John Brigham.To make it more confusing, Hannah, in writing 3 letters to her brother in Indiana, said she had 6 sons and 6 daughters, but then listed 17 "children" in the letters.Hannah & John lived on Long Branch, Stewart Co, TN until buying a farm in Nov 1835, 3 mi away in Humphreys Co, TN.
The following is what I have on their 17 "children" (not necessarily in age order).
1.James H & wife Sarah A & fam, 8 mi fr Hannah in 1831
2.Elizabeth L, 4 chil, 10 mi fr Hannah in 1831
3.Susannah, d 2-17-1823, left hus & 3 daus
4.Indimeon R, d 11-18-1823, left wife, son Indimeon & dau Mary Ann (names from court rec Aug 6, 1827)
5.Louisa L, d 12-5-1821, left hus & 1 child
6.Mary, had 1 child, 2 mi fr Hannah
7.Sarah A, d 6-20-1835, 1 son, 2 daus w/Hannah in 1835
8.David, fam well in 1831, 3 mi fr Hannah, not in 1835 ltr
9.Robert W, not in 1831 ltr, in 1835 ltr
10. Samuel G, not in 1831 ltr, in 1835 ltr
11. Udorah W, not in 1831 ltr, in 1835 ltr
12. Minerva J, not in 1831 ltr, in 1835 ltr
13. Evan C, b 1805, d 1809
14. John H, mar June 1835 Mary A Ellis
15. William B, added his name to Hannah's 1835 letter as the "youngest son"
16. Fredona H, not in 1831 ltr, in 1835 ltr
17. Harriet, in 1831 ltr as the "baby" at age 14, not in 1835 ltr unless she is Fredona H (Harriet?)
If anyone can help sort them out, I would appreciate it.I am working on research in both Stewart & Humphreys Counties and have additional info, not necessarily correct.Thanks!