To: Dean Bright
In a posted note you wrote...
"...have been working on Bright family of Hocking Co., Ohio for about 30 some years...."
Dean Bright, I was impressed with your note above which I had found on the Bright Family Genealogy Forum today. I could not reach you via your posted email address.
I was born in Logan, Ohio. 1941, My father is Kenneth W. Bright of Logan, Ohio.
I am a rank beginner, but I have some information to share. I have been researching our family tree for about two years now. Working from documents that I have collected from other family members. I managed to build a family tree from this information and post it on a web site dated 12/25/99, please take a look.
I have the Family Tree maker program, and am starting to make a Gedcom file from that data. I understand this is a common file for researchers.
If you have any information that I could use to find the family that Abraham Bright descended from, I would be very excited, because that is the last Bright in the tree that has a good connection with our family.
Here is some of what I know about Abraham Bright. This is on the web site, with the rest of the tree but I have included it here for you to see quickly.
Per the research of Sumner S. Bright Jr 1911-1998
Note: Sumner was an Author of Bright Family history. He documented the grave sites he found in Fairfield County, and the links to the Brights in Logan.
I. ABRAHAM (GAUD?) BRIGHT Jr,.
Born 1740, Mispillion Hundred, Kent County, Delaware.
He came to Bedford County, Pennsylvania--Allegany County, Maryland border area. in 1787.
He then migrated in 1799 to Pleasant Township, Fairfield County near Lancaster, Ohio.
He died in 1805 in Fairfield County, Ohio
His wife was Sarah, born 1781 in Delaware, whose maiden name is unknown.
Abraham is believed to have had children as follows:
Edward Bright (a single free man) the 1805 probate records listed him as one of the nine heirs of Abraham.
1. Samuel Bright - Born ____? Died about 1805.
2. Levi Bright - Born____? Died____? May have been a member of the Delaware Militia during the Revolutionary War.
3. NIMROD BRIGHT
4. Major Bright - He was born 4-11-1777, in the State of Delaware, and died in Hancock Co., Ohio, March 2nd 1843. He married Deborah Moore, born in Maryland, in 1781 and died in Hancock Co., Ohio, 11-4-1874. Age 97 years.
5. Sarah Bright - She was born in 1781. The 1850 U.S. Census shows she was 69 years old, and born in Delaware. She married Levi Moore who was born in Maryland, in 1779, she died ____? They settled near Canal Winchester, in Fairfield County, Ohio.
6. Elizabeth Bright - She was born ____? She married Jesse Spurgeon and settled in Hocking Township, Fairfield County.
7. Charity Bright - She married Ishmael Due, who was of Allen Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania,. They come to Fairfield County, Ohio, in 1799, with the Bright, Spurgeon and Moore families. Ishmael Due died before 1806, and his wife is mentioned as a taxpayer in Bloom Twp. at that date. Before 1807, Charity Due had remarried, this time to a Mr. Collins. The Dues had one daughter, Mary, mentioned in Deeds with Major Bright.
8. Rachael Bright - Born ____? She married Jacob Walters.
9. Susan Bright - Born ____? She married Nathan Plummer. Or Plumner.