I am interested in any information about any of the following people:
unknown Brown married Nancy unknown. Nancy died in 1829. She had the following children:
1. Lucretia "Crecy", who married Henry Knight, 24 December 1829 in Walton County, Georgia.
2. Sarah, who married John C. Willingham (my line)
3. Nancy, who married Colom Copland
4. Elizabeth, who married Stephen Vickers
5. William, who married Charity unknown
This last William Brown and Charity unknown had the following children: Elizabeth, Rebecca, George, and William.
The descendants of Lucretia (Brown) Knight and Sarah (Brown) Willingham are fairly well known. But what happened to the others? I think Charity may be the one in Walton County in the 1850 census.
The matriarch, Nancy, can be found in the 1827 land lottery (husband absent), where she ended up with land in District 11, land lot 207, which was in Troup, now Meriwether County. She was listed as residing in Coles District, Columbia County.
Re: Troup/Meriwether/Walton/Columbia 1829-1842
Marshall Spencer 5/05/13