Re: David BURCH married Elizabeth TAYLOR, Eastman, GA
This appears to be in my line of BURCHes but is news to me.
My John BURCH married Lydia HENDRIX 2 Mar 1826 in Laurens Co, GA.Shortly thereafter they moved to Alabama and settled in Dale Co.They had:
- James S. "Steeley" BURCH b. 20 Jun 1829 in Laurens Co.He married in Dale Co. Delilah J. -?- (may have been MURPHY)
- Moses BURCH b. abt 1832 Laurens Co.He moved from Dale Co, AL, to Escambia Co, AL, married several times, raised a family and ended up dying in Holmes Co, FL (Bethlehem Community)
- Sarah BURCH b. 14 Oct 1834 in Laurens Co and married Richard MILLER in Dale Co, AL, in Nov 1853.This is my line.
Richard was killed in the Civil War and Sarah ended up living in Baldwin Co, AL.
- Olive BURCH b. abt 1837 in GA
- David BURCH b. abt 1840 in Dale Co, AL
- Charlotte BURCH b. abt 1842 in Dale Co
- Charity BURCH b. abt 1843 in Dale
- Amy BURCH b. abt 1845 in Dale
- Ruth BURCH b. abt 1848 in Dale
- Washington BURCH b. abt 1850 in Dale
I'd failed to find further track of some of the younger ones in later censuses of Dale and Geneva Cos and had wondered if some of them possibly moved back to GA after coming of age.
John BURCH was the son of Charles BURCH and Sarah HOWELL, married 4 Dec 1798 in Richmond Co, GA.His wife, Lydia HENDRIX, was the daughter of Joseph HENDRIX.
What does it look like to you?