Sorry, I've fallen out of use of GenForum...
Just recently, though, my father returned from a trip up to NY with a case of family documents from an aunt...within were several dozen family pictures, court records, obituaries and newspaper articles, and a ca. 1848 Holy Bible from a man named Elisha Dake.
The few records within it that fall into "Family Bible" data contain this:
Alexander Burns b. 28 May 1822 in NY or Canada d. ca.1878, Palmyra, Wayne Co, NY
m. 1) 1 February 1847 in NY, Eliza Dake, dau. of Elisha Dake and Olive Brooks, b. 21 September 1830 in Perinton, NY, d. 25 November 1862 in Wayne Co, NY
1. Benjamin Franklin "Frank" Burns b. 5 May 1849 in Wayne County NY, d. 1911
m. 3 June 1879, Ida E. Ketchum (b. ca.1855-58, living in 1910)...had daughters Emma and Edna (Edna living in 1910)
2. Alexander Burns, Jr. b. 28 October 1850, Wayne Co, NYd. ca. 1868-69 (was killed by a train in Fairport, NY at about age 18-19)
3. Edith Estalora (?) (E.L.) Burns b. 14 September 1852, Wayne Co, NYd. 24 May 1926 in Tioga, NY
m. 1) 20 February 1873, W. P. (or D?) Clough(had one son, Warren Clow, b. 27 December 1873)...Edith is married in the 1880 Census, but husband is not mentioned)
2) --- Morris
3) --- Reese
4. Elisha L. Burnsb. 25 April 1854, Walworth, NY(living in 1880 as a boarder with another family...no record afterwards)
5. Olive J. Burns b. 25 June 1856, Walworth, NYd. 25 February 1858, Wayne Co, NY
Alexander married secondly to Mary Ellen "Minnie" Link. The family bible says they were "married in the summer of 18", with no idea of the actual year. Mary was born 20 December 1843, and died 20 May 1876 in Palmyra, NY (this all courtesy of her tombstone...there are no records of where she was from in NY).
6. Anna Burns?? b. 1863(she is mentioned in the 1870 Census in this household, but she is not mentioned in the family bible. I have no explanation for this, but she doesn't appear in the 1880 Census, as far as I know)
7. Maland Frederick Burns, Sr.b. 14 December 1869, Walworth, NYd. 29 June 1960, Rochester, NY...this is my great-great grandfather...he is not listed in the 1880 Census, but in the 1910 and 1920 Censuses, his name is highly misspelled (he is "Maland Beeruis" in 1920), adding to the difficulty of researching him
Alexander Burns married thirdly 4 July 1878 to Caroline "Carrie" Benedict. In very cryptic handwriting, a note next to this record in the bible says the marriage was short, confirming that Alexander did indeed die in 1878 (there is another Alexander Burns living in Wayne Co, NY as well, and he is listed in the 1880 Census, which always confused me). No further record/info of Carrie at all.
Alexander was a blacksmith. In the 1850 Census, where he is "A Burnes" living in Penfield, NY, he was born around 1820 in Canada. He appears to have been born in 1824 in the 1860 Census, but all other records mention him born in New York. His son Frank's 1880 Census record lists him born in Ontario.
The bible says Frank's name was Franklin G. (or C.) Burns, but the 1850 Census lists the first child as "Benjamin", so I'm assuming that was his full name. Frank, however, is not listed in the 1860 Census.
There are only two Mary Links (that I've found at least) in census records of New York that could be this Mary E. Link...by using the 1850 Census...one of them, the daughter of William & Mary Link of Rome, NY, is ruled out because she is still single in the 1870 Census. The other is the daughter of Hewitt and Margaret Link of Seneca Co, NY, but I've found no record of this Mary (she is 'Mary G Link' in the census)...
Out of that case as well, among the photos, is a rare photograph of Mary Ellen Link. The photo is in excellent condition, but no information about it other than who it is.
All of this are recent additions to my files, and is a new step, but so far, all my efforts to use this information to continue going back isn't going anywhere...tracing these New York records has been a complete pain.
Hopefully this helps you as well.