Re: Joseph Henry Caillouet/Muriette Henry
Thanks for the info on the other child, I'll add it to my tree.
As to Merlin, yes he is listed in the book (you're right, it is Nora Lee's book, which I inheirited from my grandmother) Here is the info on him (in outline form, hopefully will make it easier to understand, let me know if you have questions):
I. Willie Joseph Caillouet b. 11/21/1885 in Convent, LA; baptized 12/1/1885 in St. Michael Church, Convent, LA; married 8/21/1912 in St. Michael Church Elista Gaudin (b. 9/29/1890 in Romeville, St. James Parish, LA; daughter of Reno Gaudin & Amelia Letulle) Willie d. 12/20/1957, Elista d. 5/30/1971. Both are buried in Roselawn Cemetary, Baton Rouge.
A. Merlin Joseph Caillouet b. 11/6/1914 in Romeville, St. James Parish, LA married 10/1/1934 Audrey CARNEY (no children from 1st marriage); married 3/13/1940 Alberta HENDERSON ((b. 11/18/1913 in TX. d. 4/6/1974 in Baton Rouge, LA, buried in Greenwood Cemetary, Baton Rouge))
Merlin had 1 daughter w/ Alberta:
Jacqueline Ann Caillouet b. 5/7/1944 in Baton Rouge, LA; married Edgar Joseph Schitone (b. 1/19/1943)
a. Cindy Schitone b. 8/26/1962 in Baton Rouge
b. Christy Schitone b. 5/20/1968 in Baton Rouge
Jacqueline married 2nd time Dale Andrew Couvillion (b. 1/13/1944, son of Theophile Edward Couvillion & Florence Marie Dupont)
c. Jennifer Couvilion b. 10/2/1970
I included Merlin's direct parents & his direct descendants. Merlin also had 14 siblings:
1. Marie Odette Caillouet b. 9/10/1913 in St. James, LA; baptized 9/14/1913 in St. James Church; d. June 1914 & buried 6/6/1914 in St. Michael Cemetary, Convent, LA
2. Eldred Joseph Caillouet b. 10/28/1915 in Garyville, LA; married 2/26/1938 in St. Anthony Church, Baton Rouge, LA Mozelle Bryson (b. 2/16/1915 in Fulton County, KY; daughter of Joseph Andrew Bryson & Loretter Chambers). Eldred d. 7/19/1973 in Baton Rouge & is buried in Roselawn Cemetary.
3. Gladys Marie Caillouet b. 4/5/1917 in Garyville, LA; married 3/7/1943 Samuel R. McNabb (b. 7/5/1918 in Greensburg, LA; son of William Thorne McNabb & Lola Clara Morgan)
4. Edna Marie Caillouet b. 6/9/1919 in Baton Rouge, LA; married 1/3/1941 in Baton Rouge David O. Broussard (b. 6/23/1913 in Hobart, LA; son of Thomas O. Broussard & Virginia Miller)
5. Clifford Joseph Caillouet b. 3/15/1923 in Baton Rouge; married 1/18/1947 Elsie Burleigh (b. 9/9/1923 in Opelousas, LA; daughter of Hamilton Burleigh & Sarah Arnold) Clifford d. 8/18/1973, buried Greenoaks Cemetary, Baton Rouge.
6. Ethel Mae "Tiny" Caillouet b. 8/22/1922 in Baton Rouge; married 7/29/1942 in San Antonio, TX Paul Bernard Dysart (b. 10/11/1922 in Tyrone, PA; son of Paul Joseph Dysart & Theressa Rogers)
7. Carrie Lee Caillouet b. 3/17/1924 in Baton Rouge; d. May 1924; buried in Convent, LA
8. Willie Mae (Marie) Caillouet b. 6/7/1925 in Baton Rouge; married twice: John A. McDonald, Jr. & Frank J. Taggart
9. Dorothy Mae Caillouet b. 2/10/1927 in Baton Rouge; married twice: Dana K. Chambliess & Oscar A. Vails
10. Marjorie Margaret Caillouet b. 10/31/1928 in Baton Rouge; married 3/16/1953 Ross Dobson
11. Betty Joyce caillouet b. 8/4/1930 in Baton Rouge; married 4/8/1950 Fred Dale Eubanks, Jr.
12. Robert Joseph Caillouet b. 4/21/1933 in Baton Rouge; d. 7/4/1941 (age 8) bruied in Roselawn Cemetary, Baton Rouge.
13. Patricia Ann Caillouet b. 11/21/1935 in Baton Rouge; married 8/4/1956 Clarence Paul Lorio, Jr.
Where your wife & Merlin connect is this:
Willie Joseph Caillouet (Merlin's father) & Josephine Corinne Caillouet were siblings.